Cash4Clunkers - see a Corvette die

Page 4 of 4

Yeah...jus trying to be funny...
If it's me that's not listening then why am I interested in making changes that don't include nationalizing? Nationanalized hc in the states is impossible and probably not necessary.
People often misunderstand my political views.
What I was talking abut:
Tort reform
Single payer (copayments are something else too- I'm for those)
Standardized software for billing offices and insurance co.
Not for profit Health insurance(limited)

None of that in the current bills. And it's NOT going to get there,as Obama is in hock to the lawyers.

No competition,no incentive to lower costs.

Communism. No thank you.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Not communisim. BCBS started as Non-profit.
But thanks for seeing the crux of "my" issue. :-)
IMHO

But BCBS has -competitors- in the private arena,while ObamaCare is intended to be "single payer",eliminating any competition.
it's communist because you are anti-profit. You wish to FORCE healthcare to be non-profit,by taking it out of private hands and putting it in the hands of wasteful inefficient government.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Definitely.
and the Corvette can still have a new motor installed. small block Chevy's are plentiful.Install a new EFI motor and you'd probably get good mileage.
I wonder,what year was the Vette?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

A bit more is required. The VIN is entered as "junked - cannot be titled" You'd have to swipe a VIN plate off a righteous car.

As a start. See the article below about cloning a car. I am interested to see when the first cloned CfC shows up. http://austin.bbb.org/article/avoid-buying-a-stolen-used-car-11619
--
Searching is half the fun: life is much more manageable when thought
of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's a gross overstatement! Government programs shrink and disappear all the time.
The last was just the other day: The Civil Aeronautics Administration was subsumed by the FAA in 1958.
Oh, I'm so sorr..... hey, wait, this is usenet. You're a stinky purple flurpy!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
windcrest wrote:

Grandma and grandpa have been offered less than "high-tech" life support for a long, long time. They are very likely to have diapers slapped on them if they can't get to a bathroom unaided. Medicare reimbursed nursing homes based on a certain number of hours per patient...that may have changed. Medicare used to allow 3.something hours of nursing care per day per patient. There was no time-sheet, and if Joe and Bill were ill enough to require 6 hours of nursing care, then someone was shorted. I had nursing home patients who required almost continual care.
I once asked a nurse-aid not to use so many underpads for an incontinent patient....her reply was "Medicare pays for them". That was probably 30 years ago and reimbursement was $1 each.
Rental of durable medical equipment and oxygen machines is a racket that is horribly abused.
I read a story in the newspaper not long ago about a 78-year-old waiting for a heart transplant. Know an indiviual, long-term heavy drinker, who is waiting for a liver transplant, and is probably drawing disability and Medicare coverage.
"High tech" has medical practice at the brink of insanity and insolvency. I would wager a bet that rehab rates would increase and costs drop dramatically if nursing homes hired more nurses and nurse aides. I would vote for mandatory national service for all citizens if it included serving in such work.
Basic medical and surgical covereage under a national plan would benefit all of us. If folks want blue pills, transplants, fertility treatment, let them buy luxurious plans as they can afford them. There should also be psychiatric coverage at least for children that includes treatment for substance abuse.

If I was Grandma I wouldn't want to be plugged in in the first place. Why lay here running up the national debt in life support when you could move on to a better place? I have no resuscitation orders filed with both local hospitals.

They're letting the union thugs scream at town meetings now?

they're too busy outside... blocking,pushing,and beating up opponents.
Union,ACORN,and New Black Panthers. And we already know Obama's Justice Dept. will not prosecute them.
all the "progressives" are the "useful idiots" of modern times. They've been SUCKERED.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

How would the Corvette (anybody remember the subject line of this thread) be treated under a gubmint health care plan?
Plugged or unplugged?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Models specially outfitted for members of Congress to make calls on healthcare facilities, no doubt.
HeyBub wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTYL-h5_hb4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esnowflakesinhell%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded#t04

it would have been funny if it had slung a rod and gone through the dash and killed him.