Carpet...where and what to buy?

I just bought a condo in College Park, MD and it needs new carpeting (about 800 sq ft...no room is larger than 12ft wide). The plan is to live there for the next year or two, then convert it into a rental unit. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of carpet I should install and where I might find the best price? I'd like something decent in quality and something that will handle the abuse a renter might throw at it. Price and resistance to abuse will be the major factors.
Thanks in advance.
pat
buy nylon... it will wear and clean the best... also, no matter what grade of carpet you buy, be sure to buy a very good upgrade pad. if you have a great carpet but poor quality pad, the carpet will wear out fast.

best pad you can find, it's worth it.
Dave
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:56:45 GMT, "David Babcock"

I wouldn't touch that stuff. You get a thread started and you can pull out a row that'll go for miles. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.