carpet shampooing

I am looking for a good steam extractor...one that works as well as some of the commercial rental ones but isn' as heavy...does anyone know of one?

HR Grits

____________________________________ Posted Via Homerepairlive.com

grits123

We have a Hoover 5 brush carpet shampoor which we like. Don't recall the model number. My brother tried a couple of other brands before settling on Hoover. They are out in a 6 brush version also. We get better results than the highly advertised commercial cleaning service we used but I think a lot of it has to do with the time and care taken. They were interested in getting in and out AND getting their money.

Walt Conner

Reply to
WConner

Do the commercial units really Steam, or is it hot-warm liquid reaching the carpets, I say liquid. Store bought cheap carpet cleaners work, read Consumer Reports for tests comparisons, my cheap unit is not even heated and it works fine.

Reply to
m Ransley