Carpet Steam cleaner tips

I live in an apartment that has wall-to-wall carpeting in the living room
and bedroom, and I have borrowed a Bissel steam cleaner to give the carpets
a clean.
Does anyone have and advice or tips'n'tricks about steam cleaning carpets
that wouldn't be obvious from reading and the owner's manual?
Thanks
Jim Helfer
Reply to
Jim Helfer
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:00:34 -0400, "Jim Helfer" wrote:
You may be surprised how much soap and filthy water are picked up using multiple rinses. Keep rinsing until the water looks clean. Have a spare pair (or two) of socks ready. Run fans over the carpet when you are done.
Reply to
Phisherman
You might want to add some white vinegar to the rinse water - helps get the soap residue out of the carpet - which means it will stay clean longer.
Dorothy
Reply to
Dorot29701
In article , snipped-for-privacy@DrClean.co.uk says...
and some throw down their pens once they have the autograph and these get stamped on making lots more mess.
Maybe Phish got turned down for the autograph and is out for revenge
Reply to
Sweep
The hotter the water the better. I usually bring some to almost boiling point on the stove and pour it into the resevoir container. You don't want it too hot or it might crack the container and hoses.
Reply to
kimberlycards
I started on this the other day. Turned out that the last person to use the machine lost the drain plug on the dirty water return, so I was happily dumping the dirty water back onto the carpet.
Oh well, no I have to invent a drain plug.
Jim H
Reply to
Jim Helfer
If you are going to buy a cleaner buy a Hover it is a much better machine...I have one and it works just great I couldn't believe how dirty our carpets really where........
Reply to
Don Farrow

Site Timeline Threads