Car battery

Page 5 of 5

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:14:08 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

The Vega and the Cadillac were both made by General Motors too. Doesn't make them the same car. Jaguar and Tata are made by the same company now too. Get the point??
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 22:57:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Years ago I worked with a guy who came in one day bragging about his brand new Vette. We followed him out to the parking lot where he showed us his brand new CHEVette. Funny guy.
On 07/08/10 10:57 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

But those pairs of vehicles you are comparing didn't have the same advertised specs., did they?
Perce
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:48:35 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

They all have 4 doors and seats and an engine. Perhaps even all advertized as 4 seaters.

All right, that's enough.
Chris, you've ignored repeated polite requests to fix your broken posting format. I can see only two possible explanations: you don't care that what you're doing bothers other people, or you're not smart enough to fix the problem or seek help from someone else who is.
Either way, I'm done reading your posts. Welcome to the killfile.
<plonk>
Obsess much? I'm top posting just for fun. Say goodnight, Gracie!
Doug Miller wrote the following:

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It's not just the top-posting -- mostly, it's the positioning of his sig, which breaks all followups. This has been explained to him repeatedly, and he's either too dim to understand, or too rude to care.

Doug Miller wrote the following:

So, you are unable to follow the thread after reading 46 responses. ...or is it just the sig itself? I just post at the bottom so as not to upset the pedants.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Look at one of his posts. Elements occur in this order:
<stuff Chris wrote> <sig delimiter> // in the wrong place <Chris's sig> // in the wrong place <quoted previous post(s)>
Standards-compliant newsreaders, when responding to a post, trim the sig delimiter *and everything after it* -- thus the only thing that gets quoted in any response to any of his posts is the stuff he wrote. All the material that *he* was responding to is gone, removing valuable context from the thread.
But, as I said, this has been explained to him numerous times. He's obviously either too stupid to understand, or too rude to care.
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 15:54:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

I'd second the Interstate recommendation - the Megatron in particular.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

Hi, Battery life has lot to do with the climate.
On 7/8/2010 8:32 AM, Van Chocstraw wrote:

until they quit starting the vehicle. could be a month, could be 15 years.
--
Steve Barker

Folks in southern NV mark the passage of 3 years living here with a new car battery. That's how long they last, regardless of who makes them. Heat is a battery's enemy.
Nonny
--
On most days,
it’s just not worth

See my other comment above. I've been in Vegas since '95.
One new battery for a 14 year old car and two for the 16 year old truck.
Batteries last longer when corroded cables are replaced and other things done for maintenance.
YMMV

might depend on wether vehicle is stored outdoors in sun or indoors in nice cool garage....
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:39:51 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Out here in the desert, my truck lives outside.
3rd battery since my bride drove it here across country (1995)
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 17:39:51 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

it also depends if the battery was MADE for high temperature or not. Batteries in high temperature areas should have weaker acid. In cold weather areas a fully charged battery should be about 1.242 SG, while in hot countries a full charge of 1.150 to 1.1180 is plenty high enough. Lower acid strength means less self discharge, and less tendancy to sulphate the plates - along with a bit less capacity and power - but at 80F the car does not need as much cranking power as at -30F - and it is running at full output instead of as little as 50% on a cold battery.