Can't wash bricks in a front-loader

I'm glad that question is now settled.

Video

HeyBub

I couldnt watch it, they want me to Sign up for utube, forget it.

Reply to
ransley

They are in a world of shit when mommy comes home and sees her Rhododendron!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I get: "This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users" and then it asks me for a login (which I've forgotten long ago) - wtf? Is the title of the vid completely misleading or something?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Worked for me on FF at home...but I get the same message as you on IE at work.

Interesting.

I'll have to try FF again when I get home to see if something has changed on the youtube end.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Apparently a guy puts a brick in a front-loading washing machine. Machine goes for the spin cycle.

Washer starts humming, then vibrating, then bouncing like a monkey wearing a too-tight speedo.

Then the washer flips on its side and tries to die.

Motor won't quit. Washer begins to disintegrate. Washer parts fly everywhere.

Smoke. Screams. Motor runs even faster.

It's just too horrid to continue.

Reply to
HeyBub

You forgot the screaming of the crushed rhododendron. . .

You're right-- It is too disturbing. .

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

You saw the cat too?

Reply to
HeyBub

Follow up - Works fine on FF, but not on IE6.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

IE6? IE6!!!

Man, you're suckin' hind tit!

IE8 is sooo much better. It has tabs and everything.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yesterday I tried FF 3.6.3 and needed to sign in and I have no clue what my sign in info is.

Today I got further, it showed a pic of a washing machine and this:

Washing Machine Self Destructs ( Original )

This video or group may contain content that is inappropriate for some users, as flagged by YouTube's user community.

To view this video or group, please verify you are 18 or older by signing in or signing up.

So I signed up and watched it. Gotta love that 2nd brick! I can see a rash of this happening in Laundromats.

Reply to
Tony

Yes...IE6.

It's a Corporate Image with no plans in the works to upgrade. By "corporate" I mean a Fortune 100 company.

Sit back and enjoy this mess...

Our IT department was really, really busy migrating all of our mainframe based apps to the web (under IE6) when we acquired another company. This other company was a spin off from still another company and their apps were still integrated with the Mother Ship's apps.

So, now our IT department has merged with the acquisition's IT department to work on separating their apps from the Mother Ship's, without being allowed to see into the Mother Ship's apps too deeply because they're are still one of our competitors.

Once they get the acquisition's apps segregated, they'll need to merge their apps with ours, which, by the way, aren't finished being migrated to the web yet.

Once all of that is done, then maybe, just maybe, they'll have time to think about an upgrade beyond IE6.

Of course, by then all of the apps will have be written for IE6 and will have to modified to run on whatever version they move to next.

It's going to be a long wait.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"DerbyDad03" wrote

If you are really lucky, your division will be sold off and you'll all get new computers. At least the IT guys have steady employment

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

We all got new computers less than a year ago. That's when they really locked down the corporate image.

I doubt my division will be sold off. The company we acquired was a essentially a duplicate of my division. We just doubled in size, making us the largest "division" of our kind in the world.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

OK, so what's in it that's inappropriate*? I'm sure I've seen a brick in a washing machine clip on TV before, years ago, and I'm not traumatized by the experience :-)

  • "inappropriate for some users" - they should just make those users have to sign in, and the rest of us able to just watch the darn thing ;-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

What, like "I watched that and just had to try it, and now there's bits of my washer all over the kitchen and I'm sitting in a big puddle"? Those kinds of people have no business even being near a computer...

Reply to
Jules Richardson