can I replace the furnace and ac myself?

You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot You are an idiot

no

Clearly you don't know the law at all. A 609 card gives one more purchasing power (refrigerant) than a 608 card! You need the 608 card yo legally service HVAC equipment.

There is no such thing as "silver solder" That term was dropped by the alloy manufactures DECADES ago because of the confusion it caused.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

I dont think so. Will know as soon as someone more informed than myself gets back to me, since there was a post that was almost identical to yours posted elsewhere, on the same day, within hours of yours...awful coincidental eh?

Funny...been posting almost daily..is this a surprise to you?

Thats even more funny. Considering that I have, more than once, posted HOW to check things, do things and keep from being a victium in here...too funny.

Actually, no. Two copies if you want the truth, one to the local division here, and one to the main branch. You DID suggest breaking a federal law, and that is taken seriously. I dont care if you like it or not...and I know you think its a joke, but you would be foolish to think that anyone who is legit would actually see that and let it slide.

The difference is, that you were serious, and not trolling. You may have indeed realized that someone like myself would respond, and I knew good and well you would try to start to spin this once you realized that I had indeed alerted the Feds to your blatent attempt to suggest that anyone break 608, and 609 rules, a law that is taken seriously, and the fact that you thought no one would call you on it is comical.

Reply to
CBhvac

My 609 card give me permission to purchase R-12 for use on motor vehicles.

My 608 card gives me permission to purchase R-12, R-11, R-22, R-500, R-502, R414B, R-409A, HP-66 (if I rememberd that right) and a host of others. It also gives me permssion to service small appliances, large chillers, and high pressure appliances.

Which card does more?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My Johnstone catalog lists Stay-Brite as "silver bearing solder".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Which card does more ? American Express, Never leave the bar without it.

Reply to
m Ransley

"CBhvac"

I was certainly generalizing. I have read several of your posts, and you do seem like a helpful friendly kind of guy. Not as interesting and friendly as Turtle, though.

Suggesting breaking a law isn't a crime - at least not one that people routinely get prosecuted for. Personally, I've never broken a single law in my entire life.

That said in a rational way, I must now say that you're a FREAK'N FRUITCAKE if you think someone is going to come knock on my door as a result of any e-mail you send, to anyone, about anything!!

Good luck,

- Nate

Reply to
Nate B

"gerry"

The R12 card you can get in 20 mins over the internet does now allow you to buy R22 (and others). I figured anyone with even a modicum of reading comprehension would understand what the means relative to the other things I mentioned.

I misspoke with the word "solder". You need a brazing rod with silver content - 5%ish is good for the application, if I recall correctly. Feel free to correct me. Makes brazing easier and better, as I claimed. Sorry you had trouble figuring out the context of that simple typing oversight. You were probably the only one.

- Nate

Reply to
Nate B

Yup....and anyone can get one, but its not a permit to go buy R22.

NO, it does NOT. it is nothing but a refrigerant HANDLING ticket, NOT a licence to service a thing.

Your 608 isnt doing what you want it to...

What class of 608 do you have? Some wont let you do what you claim at all.

Reply to
CBhvac

Anybody who actually read regulations would know there is no such thing as a "R-12" card. They type of equipment being serviced matters, not the refrigerant.

From The EPA itself:

"Sales Restriction

Under EPA regulations, only certified technicians may purchase CFC or HCFC refrigerants. However, the Clean Air Act itself further restricts the sale of small containers of these refrigerants. Specifically, the Act states that only section 609 technicians may purchase small cans (less than 20 pounds) of CFC and HCFC refrigerants suitable for use in a motor vehicle (ozone-depleting MVAC refrigerants). Therefore, section 608 technicians may not purchase small cans of these refrigerants."

No mention of type refrigerant type, except for small containers, the small ones must be "suitable" for MVAC and only sold to MVAC techs.

Nice try.

gerry

Reply to
gerry

For heaven's sake, don't ac yourself...there are healthy alternatives. zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Bet they're sending out a team of investigators right now!

Hey I removed the smog pump and cats from my Vette...oops did I say too much?

Reply to
vairxpert

Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day

On 22-Jan-04 At About 23:00:16, Stormin Mormon wrote to Stormin Mormon Subject: Re: can I replace the furnace and ac myself?/ EPA cards

SM> From: "Stormin Mormon"

SM> My 609 card give me permission to purchase R-12 for use on motor SM> vehicles.

SM> My 608 card gives me permission to purchase R-12, R-11, R-22, R-500, SM> R-502, R414B, R-409A, HP-66 (if I rememberd that right) and a host SM> of others. It also gives me permssion to service small appliances, SM> large chillers, and high pressure appliances.

Wrong again!! the epa card is not in any way a journeyman type license and doesn't permit anyone to actually work on the equipment. it is only a refrigerant handling license.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2