Burst Water Pipe in Neighbor's Condo...

On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. I see no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. Any advice appreciated. TIA, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Condo association? That should be there problem and they should investigate for damage. The drywall on his side should be removed if wet, dry the wall interior, then replace. What is between the two walls? It may be block or some other fireproof material that may have been a barrier. Meantime, keep an eye out for water marks along the baseboard.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

See, that's why buying condo wasn't on my list

Reply to
daszkiew2000

That sure is advice that helps out the OP.

Reply to
tom

Hmm, You're still renting?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

why didnt you call water company or condo association?

if my neighbors home showed signs of a water leak and no one was home i would call the authorties

Reply to
hallerb

Or living in a "tinFoil castle" - AKA doublewide.

Reply to
clare

Dan needs to take a more active role in things, that's the advice? It's very true. If, a bit too late.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wasn't home either until I saw the ice when arriving home. The association management did notify to check for signs of damage.

Reply to
Dan