Burst Water Pipe in Neighbor's Condo...

On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch and in drive. I see no damage to my condo which shares walls with his, but I am wondering if mold or something else might develop in the shared walls. Any advice appreciated. TIA, Dan

Condo association? That should be there problem and they should investigate for damage. The drywall on his side should be removed if wet, dry the wall interior, then replace. What is between the two walls? It may be block or some other fireproof material that may have been a barrier. Meantime, keep an eye out for water marks along the baseboard.

See, that's why buying condo wasn't on my list

That sure is advice that helps out the OP.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You're still renting?

why didnt you call water company or condo association?
if my neighbors home showed signs of a water leak and no one was home i would call the authorties
Dan needs to take a more active role in things, that's the advice? It's very true. If, a bit too late.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
on 1/31/09 11:37 AM snipped-for-privacy@aol.com said the following:

I wasn't home either until I saw the ice when arriving home. The association management did notify to check for signs of damage.