Building a shed???

Hi,
I am building a small basic cheaply made 6x8 shed.
I have the roof truss done, with sides attached.
My question is this, how do I build the floor to then attach roof truss?
Nothing fasicated......just basic as can be.
Thanks

You built the roof and sides, and now want to build a floor?!
You are fasicated.

I bet you mean one of those sheds that is built of trusses that incorporate both "rafters" and "wall studs" in the same truss. That seems like a bunch of monkey business to me; I'd build the walls and roof truss separate. But it's your time, I guess. For your floor, you build a basic platform. Any book on carpentry should show you how to build a simple floor.
Hi,

So you don't know yourself eh?

-- For your floor, you build a basic platform. Any book on carpentry should show you how to build a simple floor.
- So you don't know yourself eh?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
I'll bet there are hundreds of members of this group that can tell you how to build a "basic floor", including myself. However, we're not going to sit here and type out step by step instructions when there are a myriad of sources on the net, in the library and at any borg from which you can obtain the information you seek. Besides, based on the fact that you already have the shed partially built, you are the best person to determine the type of platform to attach your shed to. Grab a book or a mouse and I'm sure that with a little research, you'll find what you're looking for.
Oh I'm sorry...I'm being mean. Here you go...
Lay some 2 x 4's on the ground. Nail a sheet of plywood to the 2 x 4s. I think that's what you asked for - "Just basic as can be"
Hi,

I've been doing construction for 10yrs now my son, but very new to this group. Just wanted to see if I would get any stupid idiotic responses. You've answered my question very well.
Take care, BTW, if you need any carpenter tips drop me a line.

You've been doing construction for a whole 10 yrs? And you call *me* son?
I guess my 2 x 4 and plywood instructions were too "fasicated" for you. Get a few more years of experience under your belt and perhaps you'll be able to understand them better.
Last call to feed the trolls!
On 8/24/2007 3:29 PM, Devils Advocate wrote:

kerplonk
--
Ted
I wasn\'t born in Texas but

- You built the roof and sides, and now want to build a floor?!
I get up, I get dressed, I take a shower.
You got a problem with that too?
on 8/24/2007 8:57 AM DerbyDad03 said the following:

I guess if you get dressed and then take a shower, then building the walls and roof before the floor should come naturally to you.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

- I guess if you get dressed and then take a shower, then building the - walls and roof before the floor should come naturally to you.
You know, it almost appears that you entirely missed my attempt at humor.
I can break the joke down for you if you'd like. Let me know.
Hi,

You guys are just brutal to each other :-) lol

You should have built a platform out of boards and plywood first, then nailed the roof truss to them.
Now, you do it the hard way. Everywhere a board comes down from the roof to the ground, you need to run a board across the floor. Use treated 2x4 on edge run straight across. Make sure they are setting on the ground all the way across or they will bow and break with weight. Nail to vertical boards. After you have cross boards in place, install 2 sheets of 3/4" treated plywood. Fill in holes between vertical boards on sides too.
snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote in

So, you can't build the trusses on like a boat cradle, attach studs with bottoms upwards, attach floor on "top" then just roll the whole damn thing over?
Maybe I should put that Q on the Red Green website...