Building a large shed

I want to construct a large shed at the bottom of my garden well away from the house (and everyone elses house nearby). It would appear that the spirit of the building regulations is that if built within 1m of the boundary (which I need to do on two sides)., the construction should reduce the spread of fire.
I would prefer that this shed could be taken down easily in the future and so don't want the effort or cost of demolition of building in brick or blocks.
If I were to construct this shed from 4x2 framing and plywood sheets as bot together modules and then clad the sides on the boundaries with fibre cement slates, would this be deemed sufficiently fire resistant?
Any other ideas please?
The regulations seems also to suggest that a building <15m2 does not have to be fireproof but one between15m2 and 30m2 does (>30m2 must meet BRs whereas

If I put up two 15m2 sheds with a minute gap between them would this be deemed as taking the pi$$ or a legitimate action that would fit the bill?
tia
Bob

What would be around this shed? wooden fences? neighbours outbuildings? wire fence? woods?
Surely if the worst that would happen is your own shed burning up and it's unlikely to spread from there you're ok anyway.
PC Paul wrote in message ...

wire
I agree totally but then looking at the BR, such a building has to meet certain criteria in order to be exempt from regulation ( erm, If that makes sense!! This is how the BR expresses it!)
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@OEnewsreader.com says...

How about cement rendering the whole lot?
Rob Morley wrote in message ...

from
built
and
bot
cement
Sadly no access to the building from other side of the boundaries. I don't fancy trying to render pre-fab panels and then put them into place. I can just see the render falling off as I nail on the roof trusses!
Regards
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@OEnewsreader.com says...

Me too :-\
So you'll have to build it on rails, so you can slide it neatly into the corner when it's finished - don't know why we didn't think of that earlier :-)
">I want to construct a large shed at the bottom of my garden well away from

No it woulkd not and you almost certainly also need planning permission. Building regulations are there for a sound reason.
Peter Crosland
Peter Crosland wrote in message

from
No planning permission is needed as the structure would be covered by permitted development rights (>20m from the road, >5m from a dwelling,< 4m high with pitched roof and non habitable).

I agree that in many many cases they are appropriate but when the location is a long way from any other habitable building and planning restriction would prevent anyone else from erecting a habitable building nearby, then some BR are over the top.
Bob

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:32:50 +0100, "Peter Crosland"

On what grounds ?

ITYM "Building regulations are sometimes there for a sound reason."
Cheers,
John
Bob Minchin wrote: [fire regulations]

Steel cladding. Or corrugated iron. Agricultural building suppliers. Portal frame structure. Quonset hut.
Shipping containers. They're not buildings :-)
Owain

built
Somebody across the street from me has recently built a lean-to type shed on the side of his house.
This is joined to his house, within 1 metre of the Boundary & constructed of wood (ship lap type on a frame)
When we were talking about this he said that the council said that to meet the fire regulations all he had to do was paint it with a fire retardant paint.
If this is so in your area you may have less problems than you think, (I dont know if the size of the shed affects this requirement).
BIG NIGE wrote in message ...

from
on
of
Very interesting NIGE, maybe I'll have a chat with a BCO - trouble is they need to keep themselves in work so a building having to comply is better for them whereas I really need advice on how do do something that does not need their attention ( and avoid having to pay them loads-a-dosh!)
Bob
HI Bob
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:57:53 GMT, "Bob Minchin"

You might be pleasantly surprised. Our local BCO, despite having an unhealthy interest in out drains, save me a great deal of time & effort by suggesting that our large workshop extension adjacent to our brick-built garage migh be more appropriate it it was, in fact, a building in its own right - rather than an extension.
Subtle distinction - end result was that the new design fell outside of his jurisdiction / interest - and we saved a fortune in concrete and days of unnecessary effort by following his 'unofficial' suggestion.
Our architect wasn't clued up enough to make the suggestions himself..... hmmmm !
Be straight with them & the BCO's can turn out to be surprisingly human <g> - try to pull a fast one and you may regret it !
Good luck Adrian ======return email munged================take out the papers and the trash to reply
You may have the option to go for a planning permission exemption certificate. This frees you of the one metre rule as long as you satisfy other criteria: roof note to exceed 4m for pitched roof and 3m for any other roof. Building to be at least 5m from house. These are the regs as far as hounslow planning go - yours may be different. You have probably gone to see your local planner face to face - if not, it may be worth a visit to determine what conditions are required to be met to make you exempt from planning permission.
Bob Minchin wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in message

from
built
and
bot
cement
whereas
I'm interested in this planning permission exemption certificate. I believe I am exempt under permitted development rights and therefore thought I could just go ahead (from a planning point of view). Is this certificate a mandatory requirement or just a nice to have comforter to wave under the noses of other planning officers/noxious neighbours?
I'm also intrigued by you statement regarding removal of the 1m limit with such a certificate. I had understood that the 1m limit arises from building regulations rather than planning. Sounds like a visit to the council offices ( maybe in disguise?) could be called for.
regards
Bob
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:54:09 GMT, "Bob Minchin"

It might be deemed as taking the pi$$, depending on whether your BCO is reasonable or not. OTOH there's nothing they can do, as long as the sheds are totally separate buildings then the 30m2 limit will be applied separately to each shed.
Cheers,
John