building a dam on the garage floor

I have a car mat that catches water in my garage but it gets overloaded and water pools in one corner of my garage.
I would like to contain the water. I thought I would glue some 2x4s to the floor with silicone caulk so at least the meltoff would not run where I don't want it. Would that work, or has anyone seen a commercial product that would do this?
Jeff

2x4s are too big and prone to make people trip. I'd suggest you use the long molding strips at home depot made from plastic/wood like material.
Interesting problem as I had not considered that garages in the north must be bult with floor drains or carefully sloped to the outside.
PJ

Not just for water...
It's gotten to the point where the building code up here now forbids garage floors below grade.
Most building codes require slope and/or drainage because of gas fumes pooling up, whether or not they have a snow problem. Electrical codes, recognize this by having special consideration for electrical boxes in garages below a few inches up the wall.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
On 11 Dec 2003 19:40:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nortelnetworks.com (Chris Lewis) wrote:

That's not NEW, when we built a house in 1975 in central New Jersey - code required the floor of the garage to be above grade!