Brown stains on toilet seat

I have white enamel toilet seats and I clean it once a week.
Underneath the toilet seat, I often find several reddish brown stains the size of a quarter or bigger.
The stains always clean right off, but I'm wondering what in he heck they could be.

rust from the hinge screws

Don't grunt so hard, it causes splash back.
[8~{} Uncle Monster

Let me guess......... I bet this happens approximately once a month, right about the same time your wife goes to the store to stock up on Tampax and Kotex, right? Call her gynacologist to find out for sure !!!!

Real men use their sense of taste.
Steve
On Jul 12, 4:29 am, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

GEEZ! You're worse than me!
[8~{} Uncle Monster
On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 04:29:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

That is EXACTLY what I thought at first!
But, after I cleaned it the last time, I realized that there have been no visitors to the toilet that meets that criteria. I now realize that it is something else.
Sometimes when I bombs away, a gush of water hits me in the butt from the canon ball effect. I'm wondering if that water could then grow something that resembles a stain.
ValveJob:

Let's use common sense, if you have brown stains in the toilet there are only two things it could likely be, mildew or poop spatters. Clean it once a week with something that contains bleach, if the stains continue it's poop.
--
Mac Cool

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:52:18 -0500, ValveJob wrote:

Lick them. What do they taste like?

Brown Stains on the toilet...
I'll resist temptation here.
John