shower floor draining slow when water is off

As of now there is water pooling after the water shuts off on a single

16x16 ceramic porcelain tile in my not quite finished shower. The drain is close to the wall where the valve is and all surrounding tiles are almost a full bubble of slope. However the tile that is getting the pooling is only a quarter bubble at most. I am grouted but not sealed. Should I pop tiles and redo? The water eventually drains or dries but takes 15-20 minutes at least. Any suggestions?
Reply to
kmnormy

I'd just wipe the water off that tile with my foot and go about my day.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Aside from the technical aspects of the situation - one bubble vs. a quarter bubble - consider the emotional aspects.

How much are you going to hate seeing the water pool on that one tile every time you take a shower? Some people can live with it, while it will drive other people absolutely nuts. Decide which one you are and proceed accordingly.

Me, I'd be popping tiles in a second.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What are the chances of breaking other tiles in the process?

Reply to
kmnormy

Nonsense. Jack up the house to improve the drainage angle. This is so obviuos.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've installed tile, but I've never had the pleasure of having to remove just one tile in the middle of a floor.

Remove the grout, crack the offending tile, remove the pieces and replace it with one from the 10% extra you bought when you spec'd the job.

See here for detailed instructions:

DerbyDad03

I am something of a mad perfectionist about my work, but.......Valium would be cheaper :o) If it drains dry in 15 min. (who times it?) I don't see a problem with leaving as is. Tearing out all of the tile to redo it would be a royal pain...any chance that might crack the pan or the drain? If the water stood longer, it could become a mildew problem, but it sounds like it would not remain long enough. Doing a partial re-do would probably leave you with grout areas that don't match. And you probably wipe down the whole shower after using them, right?

Reply to
Norminn