Bread mixer recommendation

This last month I have thrown three bread machines in the trash. I am quite sick and tired of made in China junk, but that is another topic.
I'm looking for a bread mixer. I want something designed to mix bread dough, and is actually durable enough to do it on a regular basis. I prefer made in America, but anything not made in China is good enough.
Can anyone recommend a mixer durable enough to mix bread dough on a regular basis? We don't really need a mixer that mixes everything under the sun - I have a good stand mixer, and I rarely use it, and it's not strong enough to mix bread dough.
Just a simple plain bread dough mixer that is not made in China.
On 3/17/2012 1:40 PM, Ook wrote:

and is actually durable enough to do it on a regular basis. I prefer made in America, but anything not made in China is good enough.

basis? We don't really need a mixer that mixes everything under the sun - I have a good stand mixer, and I rarely use it, and it's not strong enough to mix bread dough.

Check some of the restaurant or food service industry machine suppliers in your area. They made sell a high quality/commercial/industrial model to suit your needs.
Try Kijiji or Craigslist or Ebay in case there is a used commercial/industrial unit you like.
Around these parts Bosch and Viking are well thought off

Rumor (and most reviews) say that this is one of the best breadmakers:
http://www.zojirushi.com/user/scripts/user/prod_category.php?prod_category_id=3
I was going to buy a Zojirushi but the kids bought me a Panasonic SD- YD250 for Christmas so kept it.
So far it's been fine. I've made 5 - 6 loafs and a few doughs (for bread sticks and pizza) and I have only 1 complaint: It bangs around during the mixing stages and walks across the counter.
Obviously it's too new for me to speak to its longevity.
On 3/17/2012 1:40 PM, Ook wrote:

and is actually durable enough to do it on a regular basis. I prefer made in America, but anything not made in China is good enough.

basis? We don't really need a mixer that mixes everything under the sun - I have a good stand mixer, and I rarely use it, and it's not strong enough to mix bread dough.

Kitchen Aid is it....nothing like them. They come restaurant size and I've seen some monsters. I have a 5 qt. KA, like the model that raises and lowers the bowl. See the link:
http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/KSM500PSER /
There is a meat grinder attachment available for it, and that is also quite nice. Powerful, no strain.
Ook wrote:

Well that's your problem right there, you should have returned them to the store and gotten a replacement or your money back!
Jon
On 3/17/2012 1:40 PM, Ook wrote:

and is actually durable enough to do it on a regular basis. I prefer made in America, but anything not made in China is good enough.

basis? We don't really need a mixer that mixes everything under the sun - I have a good stand mixer, and I rarely use it, and it's not strong enough to mix bread dough.

Then junk the stand mixer you have and get a good one which IS good enough to mix heavy bread dough. One less item to clutter up your counter if you have one device which performs many tasks.