bosch nexxt 500 washer

is anyone familiar with the round metal plate on a bosch nexxt 500 washer, located on bottom right side of the front panel ?
the owners manual makes no mention of it and I'm speculating it may be some kind of lint filter clearing access portal but have not managed to pry the plate off for fear of damaging or denting it.
anyone know?

On an LG, there's a filter and a small hose that has to be emptied every month or so. It drains a little water that the pump can't get out.
hi
We have the Bosch 500 series on the washer, the grey molding on the insdie has a type of ring on it , ours came off , any one know a trick to get it back on?? Nancy

I don't know, but did you try calling Bosch? Here is the number: 1-800-944-2904