Bond PVC to common plastic

I've got an small odd-ball application where I've gotta bond a length of 3" sewer PVC to a little round plastic food container.
PVC cement? Epoxy? Other??
Cheers, Puddin'
"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

No sacrificial pieces to try it on?
I believe the PVC cement works on like sched 40 pipe so well it because it fuses/melts it. Airplane glue on models the same from what I remember (long as they held till the 4th of July when I would blow them all up).

I'd try epoxy first, but it depends on the food container. Many are made from polyethylene based material and nothing sticks to them. Experimentation is in order.
Puddin' Man writes:

Improvise a bulkhead fitting for a mechanical seal instead of glue:
http://www.truetex.com/bulkhead.htm
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:22:12 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Smacking myself in the head----- I'm not the OP, but I've had a pool strainer sitting on my bench for several months while I pondered how to replace the inlet pipe. I've tried PVC cement with no joy. This will do it!
Thanks, Richard, this is the perfect solution.
Jim [I also think it will be used for the outlet on my redneck mud-jacking pump. Now to come up with a 3/4-1" flexible hose that will take 50-60 pounds of pressure.. . . ]

50-60psi is trivial...
Apex NeverKink Commerical Duty 3/4" self-straightening hose
I've purchased this locally at Home Depot in 75ft lengths.
Watch out... Some other varieties look just about the same, but the inside of the fittings was considerably smaller. Note that this hose also comes in 5/8" (often mixed on the rack) so watch for the 3/4".
I'm still watching for a deal on 200psi, 1" air hose... But in the meantime I'm using this with some brass adapters on the ends. :)
sdb
--
What\'s seen on your screen? http://pcscreenwatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
Puddin' Man wrote:

hand, if polystyrene, PVC cement might work. PET - epoxy might work. PE - nothing common.
Frank

might be better to use a fernco ftting.
If it isn't a water-tight joint, then polyurethane glue will work just fine. I doubt that would make a plumbing type connection though. I second the motion of getting another food container and seeing if plain old plumbing PVC stuff works on it.

Puddin' Man wrote:

If it came down the sewer, it's probably not worth saving no matter how yummy it looks.
Thanks for most responses.
I tested a tiny pvc cement bond. Didn't look too solid.
I ran all over town looking for a slip-on cap for this 3" pvc that hasn't been made for years. Finally found one. Voila!
Cheers, Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller
replying to Puddin' Man, blue bird wrote: Try Permatex Plastic Weld