Blue Harbor Freight Tarps are Garbage

After six months the thing is leaking like a sieve. It has apparently lost the waterproof coating.

Reply to
Davej

ALL blue tarps are garbage, and have been since the early 1980's at least. Where have you been?

They're meant for TEMPORARY, OCCASIONAL use. If you want a better tarp go with the silver or green ones. Even those aren't meant for permanent installations. No tarp is. Brown canvas tarps last the longest but even those aren't forever.

Reply to
dennisgauge

. Where have you been?

with the silver or green ones. Even those aren't meant for permanent insta= llations. No tarp is. Brown canvas tarps last the longest but even those ar= en't forever.

Well, I thought they were FRAGILE and likely to tear, not utterly POROUS.

Reply to
Davej

If you want a leak-free roof for more than six months, maybe you should try some real shingles?

GRUMPY PHUCKER

*** YOU MUST HAVE JUST WOKE UP ***

Here's a clue!

*EVERYTHING* From Harbor Freight is GARBAGE.....
Reply to
black-boogieman

. Where have you been?

with the silver or green ones. Even those aren't meant for permanent insta= llations. No tarp is. Brown canvas tarps last the longest but even those ar= en't forever.

I've got a couple of heavy duty brown plastic tarps that are at least twice as thick as any other tarp I've ever had. Don't know where they came from...other than that my dad bought them for me years ago.

A group I volunteer with has some large (like 20' x 20') silver tarps that we've used to cover equipment during overnight torrential downpours. We've had them for years, are not very nice to them, and they are still waterproof.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Bull.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yeah, my experience has been that while nothing is real durable, a lot of what they have is great for the kind of tool you need to use once in 3 years. If I were using it every day, I wouldn't buy it from HF, but then it would cost many times more.

The only thing I bought that was real garbage was a set of retaining ring pliers. The tips were made out of steel that was so soft they would just bend instead of spreading the retaining ring. I took them back and they refunded my money.

Reply to
trader4

I've had their $100 10" SCMS for about six years. I also have a Bosch 12" so the HF doesn't get used much anymore but if I work on a project outside, the HF SCMS goes with me. The Bosch is much harder to move and if it rains, I don't care much about the HF saw. The HF saw is certainly good enough for most framing jobs.

Reply to
krw