Blocked downpipe

Does anyone have any suggestions on clearing blocked downpipes?
John Dwyer
+1000, John Dwyer wrote:

Assuming what you're referring to is a downspout from a gutter - I took my blocked downspout off the house and ran a plumber's snake through it.
--
Seth Goodman

Again, assuming downspouts from your gutters. Not my trick, nor have I tried it, but I saw this in a magazine. First, you may want an umbrella.
Use a leaf blower from the bottom, the leave go flying out the top. Saves the need for a ladder.

Assuming your downpipes don't just run out on the ground, but into sewers by the wall.
You may have to have it snaked out.
Best solution though is to just run them out on the grass, away from the foundation, and then nothing gets plugged
AMUN
On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 20:36:37 +1000, "John Dwyer"

A garden hose.

Position garden hose at top of downpipe. Squirt, full blast, down the pipe. Usually the hydrostatic pressure, or just the nozzle pressure, will dislodge the contents, depending on how long they have been blocked. If a hose won't do it, try an auger or snake, from the top.