Black PVC pipe leak?? repair??

The black PVC pipe coming down into the basement from the toilet has a leak. It is leaking from the joint where that pipe meets with the 90degree pipe after it. Is there anything sold to mend that typeof joint leak or do I have to cut it all apart and put in new pipe??
Thanks ,
John
A bad joint has to be cut out and replaced

You really already knew the answer, didn't you? YOu were hoping and hoping and hoping. To my knowledge, the only cure is . . . .
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

If you intend to do this yourself, be sure the pipe is "PVC" and not "ABS" as they use different solvents

<snip>
ABS pipe AFAIK is usually black, and PVC is usually white. You might be able to confirm this by checking your local suppliers. this will help you get the correct adhesive for your system repairs. One of our local geniuses took a different route for a similar problem that was caused by hurried workmanship. He dried the joint thoroughly with a heat gun, sanded well past the affected area on both sides and wrapped the whole thing with many turns of fiberglass tape soaked in epoxy resin. So far as I know, it is still functional after maybe seven years or so. Since this doesn't meet any plumbing code requirements, of course I couldn't reccommend it <snicker>.
Joe
Is that anything like white ABS? I know there's glues that will join dissimilar plastics, but last time I used it, I got pinholes. I had to go over the outside with a good glopping of ABS glue, and I won't know if that worked for a couple of weeks.
Anyone know where I can get some white ABS? ;-)
Steve

I've had excellent results using gas tank repair kit at the auto store. Or the same stuff is sold as bodno Marine Epoxy Stick.
You mix it up good and feel it heating in your hand and then apply liberally to the clean surface and you have a water tight bond that will hold for a hundred years.