PVC pipe repair??

We got deluged with rain in northern Illinois today and my sump pump went out. I got a replacement in just in time. However while I was working on it I slammed the discharge pipe into the concrete wall and cracked the 45 degree elbow. I put duct tape on it until it got everything under control. We are expecting more rain so I cut out the old elbow and put a new one in and there was enough slack space to do that. However I noticed there was some dried PVC cement on the end of the lower side and I scraped off what I could with a razor and cleaned best I could. Is that going to be a problem in the long run? It would not be that hard to do the job over when things dry up a bit if that was a bad install.

Steve

Reply to
Steven L Umbach

I always keep a new small can of "wet n dry" around for these emergencies. That is the blue stuff that sets up in a couple minutes. It really doesn't keep all that well once you open it but having a new can around is a lifresaver. Ii your "fix" was going to fail it usually happens right away. We use regular white PVC a lot around here for our well pumps and fixing things in the dark and rain is not that unusual. Nothing ever seems to break on a nice day but your boat.

Reply to
gfretwell

Should not be a problem at all. I've scraped and filed it off many times during my years as a plumber. Never had a problem at all with this. If you are not leaking, dont worry about it.

Reply to
maradcliff