Black and Decker Parts

My ?-year-old Black and Decker 22-inch Hedge Hog hedge clipper has developed a very dull blade. It doesn't cut foliage - - - just sort of chews on it. I've tried to google up locations for a new blade assembly without a lot of luck. Is this tool a throw-away item, or can the dull cutting blade be sharpened or replaced (at less than the cost of a whole new tool)??

Reply to
Bubba

B & D has a network of Service stores that sell parts for B&D and DeWalt power tools. I ve been in several in larger cities.

Reply to
Rudy

They got a website too. Google it..... I think black&decker.com I have been there....

Reply to
Me

B&D is homeowner crap , yes I own them too. DIY is best. Or buy new may be best

Reply to
mark Ransley
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Well, this may come as a shock; Black and Decker is DeWalt, and vicey versy:

If you strike out at the site, try the toll free number. I fished an edger out of a trash can last spring, spent $20 on a new switch and blade, and used it all summer. Their parts are reasonably priced and the service is great.

Reply to
John‰]

Have you tried the sears parts store ? I have found some hard to find parts there. It's www3.sears.com. If you have model # you may find it there

Reply to
Sambo145

I have been pretty satisfied with B&D in recent years. Sure they are not the top quality tools, but they are not bad. Now, Skil on the other hand, has gone from bad to worse, and their customer service sucks.

B&D has .PDF drawings of almost everything they sell on their website, so its easy to find the part you need, and wiring diagrams, etc.

I only have one complaint with a B&D tool. Last year I bought one of their sabre saws (jig saw). For some reason they made the switch so huge that it fills more than half the handle. I can not carry that thing without it running while i hold it. Dangerous, if you ask me!!! Stupid design in the least. There just isnt enough room in there for a hand, without applying pressure on the switch, and I am not in the habit of carrying tools by one or two fingers. The saw itself is sturdy and cuts well, just that rediculously big switch. I'd like to cut half or more of it away.....

I keep intending to email B&D about it, but some things never get done.

Reply to
Me

Although I'm not familiar with your particular item there, these blades can typically be switched out. Sears, Lowes, and TruValue are all officiale merchants for B&D and will likely carry replacement parts. If you strike out there, hit their web site and either call customer service or send them an e-mail. You'll want to give them model# and serial# so make sure you have it handy.

James

Reply to
JNJ

Maybe you could sharpen them somehow. If i am pictureing this correctly, they are made like a electric knife blade? You would need to disassemble the blades and flaten/polish the bottom,then get a rounded stone or the like and polish/sharpen the bevel, mataining the orginal bevel thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
Tony D.