Best portable table saw

Page 2 of 2
On 2/23/2009 9:12 PM Red Green spake thus:

Do I *really* need to use smiley faces?
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it

Well if it was any other state except California, no.

I'm sure it was meant as a joke, but hey, this is California. Everything is illegal.

Not if you are buddys with the county supervisor.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Why would anyone buy a table saw in Berkeley? You can check one out of the library (and post hole diggers, power drills, scaffolding, concrete mixers, Phillips screwdrivers, whatever).
On 2/23/2009 6:23 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Good point; Berkeley does have an excellent tool lending library, including table saws. (I use the Oakland one near me, which also has them.)
But it's still a nice tool to have one of your own. Besides, the tool library ones are kinda small.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
David Nebenzahl wrote:

And, as a result, there are probably no tool rental shops in Berkeley. I suspect that other enterprises on the list include party rentals (a local organization here once had to rent 2,000 folding chairs), trailer rentals (i.e., U-Haul), and limousine rentals (even pink models for gay weddings).
In my view, destroying private enterprise so (the remaining) taxpayers can fund things like this is, well..., provide your own description.
On 2/24/2009 4:36 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Not true; they have a Hertz and a Big 4 Rents, both of which rent tools and equipment. And there's a very good, cheap rental place for tools (Cresco) not far away in Montclair. (I prefer the Cresco out by the Oakland airport.)
So no, contrary to your apparently hyper-libertarian fears, the Berkeley Tool Lending Library has *not* destroyed private entreprise nearby.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won\'t use it. I like it
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:56:52 -0800 (PST), Aaron Fude

Grizzley 1023 is a very good buy for the money. Get a set of wheels for it--several brands are available. If money is no object and you only want to buy ONE saw in your lifetime, get a General 350 or PM 2000. The fence is important. You get a smoother running machine with 220v and with more weight. Not every saw can balance a nickel on edge on startup. Get a Woodworker II blade, $100. Take care of the table top.