Best Buy sucks

Companies do things like this to make their metrics look good, i.e. shipped within x number of weeks or fixed within y number of hours. I've had the local power company change the expected time of repair (turn on power) so they can say that they beat their expected time. Yes there are unforeseen problems, etc. but this was especially fishy. The expected time way originally set at 12 noon. Long around 11AM they changed the estimate to 1PM and the power was restored at 12:15. See they beat the estimated time, right.
On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 8:03:02 AM UTC-4, Art Todesco wrote:

When we call our IT department for *anything* the call gets assigned a ticket. Even if the IT department does nothing more than pass the call off to another department, a ticket gets opened and then "resolved".
"Hi...I received an email that my SecureID is going to expire. Can you help me get a new one?"
"Thank you for calling. I need to transfer you to Remote Computing, they should be able to help."
A minute later I will get 2 emails, one showing the ticket being opened "User's SecureID expiring" and one showing the ticket as "Closed, user transferred to Remote Computing". Sometimes the time stamp for the 2 emails is within the same minute.
Volume of tickets goes up, problem resolution time goes down, department metrics improve, jobs are justified.
On 5/18/2016 9:21 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yup, been there, seen it. I put a trouble ticket into Motorola for a phone problem and told them specifically that I didn't want it closed until there was a resolution. They agreed and silently closed it in a few weeks.