Bathroom vainity faucet

Need to replace my bathroom faucet...i am not looking for anything too expensive..but am wondering what type of finish I should get, that can take the rigors of a bathroom that would not tarnish it. The old one was an inexpensive popup type and I guess it was made of chrome, which seems to tolerate the dampness of a bathroom. Is that the way to go again?
Add pictures here
βœ–

I like the delta single handle ones, install and forget. even had a delta gold one that my now X wife insisted on, the remainder of the fixtures were chrome..
the gold one lasted forever after SHE LEFT I installed a chrome one.....
Add pictures here
βœ–

expensive..but am wondering what type of finish I should get, that can take the rigors of a bathroom that would not tarnish it. The old one was an inexpensive popup type and I guess it was made of chrome, which seems to tolerate the dampness of a bathroom. Is that the way to go again?
It's really your preference. I like the brushed nickel or stainless look. Chrome is harder to keep clean, IMO.
Definitely single handle, cartridge style. Buy a good one. I hate plumbing and try my best to have to do a job only once per house per lifetime.
Add pictures here
βœ–

expensive..but am wondering what type of finish I should get, that can take the rigors of a bathroom that would not tarnish it. The old one was an inexpensive popup type and I guess it was made of chrome, which seems to tolerate the dampness of a bathroom. Is that the way to go again?

I'll second that on the brushed nickel or stainless. When building a new house 4 years ago, we opted for all the fixtures either brushed nickel or stainless. They show minimum water spots. Also, for the vanity, we got the slightly higher spout faucets from Kohler ... got them at Lowe's. I don't know why thy generally make the vanity faucets so low. The higher spout makes washing your hand much nicer. I guess one could argue that the lower spout produces less splashing, but after many years of using the low ones, and now the high spout, I'd vote for the high spout with brushed nickel or stainless finish.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jan 8, 7:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I used to say "definitely single handle" also but as I learned to not sweat the small stuff as much (yeah, right!) I didn't push back when SWMBO wanted a pedestal sink and a 2 handled fixture for the main bathroom. She was going for form over function. So I gave up the vanity storage and the convenience of a single handle faucet when I did the remodel.
She chose a faucet similar to this one with lever handles as opposed to round handles and I have to admit, it's not really no problem to use.
http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/13000046/images/bfas6004sf__1.jpg
I wouldn't want a double handle for the kitchen sink, but the two handled model she chose does look nice and works quite well for the bathroom sink.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:17:50 PM UTC-8, Novel8 wrote:

They don’t build them like they used to so these days go with commercial grade or replace it every year or two.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:17:50 PM UTC-8, Novel8 wrote:

Ivan Vegvary
Add pictures here
βœ–
Novel8 wrote:

None are made of chrome. The chrome is electro plated over a base metal...brass or (cheap) die cast (zinc). In a decent plating job, the base metal is first plated with nickel, then chrome. If not brass - or even if it is - it is plated with copper before the nickel. The reason for the triple plating is that chrome is hard but it is also porous. If the nickel is overplated with brass, the brass has to have a clear coat finish on it else it will quickly tarnish.
If you want a long lasting one, get a cast brass overplated with nickel. If you like a gold look, have that plated with gold. Gold is mostly inert and the value of that amount would be less than a dollar.
--

dadiOH