Basement door threshold installation

I purchased an aluminum door threshold to use on my basement door leading into my garage. Every year a small bottom of the door gap allows cold air into the basement from the garage and I have been using a rolled up towel to keep the drafts out (and heat in).
Anyway, I need to drill into concrete (I have the drill bit) in order to screw the threshold down. The install directions say to use caulk on both edges of the threshold for maximum sealing. I was wondering what type/kind of caulk to use. Also, should I be using a small amount of caulk (or even adhesive) on the entire length of the bottom of the threshold too to really seal all the exposed edges, or is screwing it down sufficient? Actually, as it has a flexible vinyl bumber that would butt up against the door maybe I don't need caulk along the length.
Thanks, Walt
Cross posting removed

100% silicone is fine for metal to concrete. And that is the key. One that bonds well to metal and concrete.
Most of the ones I have installed have a groove on edge side along the base where the caulk is applied.
The 100% clear stuff is not going to store well so go ahead and add as much as you like under the threshold.
Do make sure you have it properly cut and the door swing tested before you apply the caulk. One screw is usually enough to hold it in place for testing purposes.
--
Colbyt
Colbyt wrote:

Don't apply too much. The first time I caulked under a threshold, I put on so much that it held the door off the ground.
Use a moderate amount. ;-)
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

bumper.
use silicone II caulking along the bottom both as adhesive and sealing. it comes in colors if you have to match it to something.

Use polyurethane calk for strength. Really you don't have to drill if you use that. Just clean everything before application. 3-4 times stronger than silicone.
I just glued down a 4 inch PVC pipe after drilling about a dozen holes into the slab. It hold real well. It takes a couple days before it really gets tough. The holes were my tempoary radon suction point. There seems to be enough gravel and floating in my slab that my simple radon removal system works so well.
greg