B-Dry system

I am considering buying a house that has a B-dry system in the basement. The owner says the basement has not leaked since it was installed (20 years). Just the mere fact that this house needed something to keep this basement dry, is this a big red flag?
no, those interior drains work great, provided its not clogged.
remember brand new homes now come with under slab drains
Maybe where you live, but not where I live. Builders build them as cheap as possible. Whatever they can get away with, they will do.

If you mean french drains they work, they can be standard on quality homes, I have them, you are much better off to have one then to wish you did. Its a buying point if he hasnt had water problems

Around here all but the cheapest builders routinely install the system in new construction. It is just part of the cost of a basement. I would not consider not using it if I build again.
Colbyt
I would not consider this to be a red flag. If anything some sort of positive since you know the basement isn't getting wet.
I believe a B-dry system is an after built addition. They put in a grove in the floor and insert a gutter. In my opinion, an exterior system is better with and under slab pipe as a backup.

in
better
That is one way that they do it in retro-fitting.
They have a different system that is installed in new construction.
A satisfied customer.
Colbyt
new construction around here has code requirement for gravel under slab with corrugated drain pipes leading to sump or low spot outside.
b dry and others accomplish much the same on a retrofit basis
The pipe for the B-Dry system that runs out of the house drains right into the back yard. I would like to build a dry well to hide this pipe. Any suggestions?
have b dry installed in 2 rental houses .they installed sump pump too to pump out the water. i have had no problems since 1984 when put in. b dry is the most honest and reasonable leak fixers companies around period.they charged me under 1000.00 while others wanted 5000.000+ to dig up the ground on the outside of the basement. .. now i guess if that sump pump went bad id have a problem. lucas