Attach/glue wood to concrete?

I am creating wooden thresholds for a couple of bedroom doorways. On one side is a tile floor, on the other is engineered (lamanate) floating floor. This will be fixed. I'm not sure what the best approach is, but I was thinking of a couple of things:
1) Glue/adhesive - what will really work? 2) Drill holes in the threshold and use bolts or screws to hold the threshold in place. I can put "caps" over the screw holes to limit the visibility. 3) Use some sort of "U" track to press the threshold into.
I have 3 doorways to do this with. All three require a custom cut and routed threshold.
Thoughts?

On 11 Nov 2007 19:25:07 GMT, "dan" <> wrote:

Buy a transition strip (_ T_ shape/end view ) to match the laminate floor color. Cut to size for each door; glue it in. Contact the laminate floor company/web site. Maybe a local shop.
I would plan on using a threshold that is pinned to the floor, probably with plastic anchors. Counterbore for plugs or countersink for flat head screws.
If you want something less obtrusive, you might look at the rubber products like this: <http://www.roppe.com/4_product.asp?category cessories&product=Vinyl%20Accessories> look at adapters, transitions, and tracks for the type that snaps into a receiver like #152
___________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net
<dan> wrote in message

dan wrote:

Liquid nails, acrylic caulk, etc. If you use either, be generous with them, weight down the wood till goop dries but clean off squeeze out while not dry. Acrylic cleans up with water.
--

dadiOH
<dan> wrote in message

Polyurethane construction adhesive in the caulking gun cartridge.
Mighty Putty!!
(Billy Mayes here.) <BG>
On Nov 11, 1:25 pm, "dan" <> wrote:

Two part slow cure epoxy adhesives are the gold standard for adhesion to concrete. Nothing else even comes close. Available from the usual construction supply sources, but for your limited use a boat shop would be better. No fancy artifacts needed, just clean dry surfaces, no concealing plugs, etc. HTH
Joe