Attach flange to concrete

I need to attach a 2x2 gatepost, with a flange at the bottom, to my 4" concrete sidewalk.
What is the best way of bolting the flange (4 holes) to the concrete? I have a 1/2" hammer drill with a 9/16" concrete drill bit.
How do I proceed from here? Can I just drill 4 holes in the concrete with my 9/16 bit and then insert some kind of a fastener in the holes? What kind?
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

what's going to be the side pressure on these? they have expanding bolts that you drill holes, insert bolts, and wrench them to get them to expand.

Accurately measure the size of the holes on the flange then go to Lowes or Home Depot and ask them to show you the "RedHead" fasteners http://smithfast.com/redibolt.htm I'm guessing you'll use the 1/4" ones
Make sure you get the proper sized drill bit.. It probably wont be a 9/16"
If there s a Harbor Freight Tools store where you are, get a whole set of masonry bits for a few bucks. They dont last forever but are fine for "odd jobs" like you re doing

Do a Google search for "Concrete Sleeve Anchor". I've always had good luck with them. Careful not to overtighten, however. You can snap them with a breaker bar.
trbo20 wrote:

and be careful how close to the edge of the concrete you place the holes.If you are right at the edge,when the sleeve expands it can break the side of the concrete off.