Anyone recognize this spider?

Does anyone recognize what remains of this spider as any particular type? It has (had) a fat back half and a stripe up the top half. I really, really hate spiders. Thanks
Cameron Davis
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m157/camdavis/spider.jpg
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 02:47:04 GMT, "J. Cameron Davis"

I've found similar ones at my house. I don't know what it is, but it isn't a recluse, if that's what you were worried about.
Yep, that was my concern because it was big and brown. I suppose it's just some innocuous spider that decided it was too cold outside.
Cameron

Here is a brown recluse...this nickel sized spider is not as menacing looking as wolf spiders..
http://arrow-pestcontrol.com/brownrecluse.jpg
http://arrow-pestcontrol.com/spid2.JPG
--
Lar
---- to email get rid of the BUGS!

really

From what I can see, it looks like a wood spider. They grow to be 2-3" diameter. Very common in Maryland.
-Lee
J. Cameron Davis wrote:

The picture is pretty grainy, but it could be a Haitian Voodoo Spider - one bite from that and it's worse than being dead. Be careful.
RicodJour wrote:

I was just funning with you. Here's a link - it's a wolf spider. http://www.spiderzrule.com/wolf.htm
It looks like a wood spider. Very few spiders are actually dangerous. Are you able to get a better pic of it while it's still alive? -Lin