Anyone have a trick for getting Husqvarna chainsaw brake kickback spring back on?

Page 3 of 3
Danny D. wrote, on Sat, 21 Feb 2015 05:46:47 +0000:

BTW, in case someone asks, it's IMPOSSIBLE to turn the star wheel with just the special female socket tool.
It still takes a lot of force, which is *easy* to apply using an 18-inch pipe wrench on the socket tool.
But, without the pipe wrench leverage, you're never gonna spin that star wheel.
Here's a list of tools required: - Special temporary cover plate (to hold down the spring) - Special female star socket tool (to spin the star wheel) - 1/8th inch screwdriver (to remove & replace the circlip) - #2 Philips screwdriver (to remove & replace the screws) - 18-inch screwdriver (to leverage the spring to position #1) - 18-inch pipe wrench (to leverage the spring to position #2) - Vise (to hold everything in place - this is mandatory!)
On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 9:53:17 PM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:

Not sure if this will help in your case, but I recently had problems gettin g a Poulon chain saw back together. It turned out that the kick-back bar go t into the stop position; when I put it back in the run position, everythin g went back together without any problems. I had to turn that three-vaned t hing to the run position using needle-nosed pliers and it took a lot of for ce.
Paul