Any experience with home blood pressure cuff

Page 3 of 3
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:32:34 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

As long as she stays on blood thinner, it has no affect. At 66, she has no plans on getting pregnant either, but I think we should try. Every night.

Thanks. All the medications make her tired a lot, but otherwise, everything seems to be OK.
Add pictures here
✖

;-)
An auto accident sure wouldn't be good. Be careful!
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 28, 7:45 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

That's not limited to the home units. Same thing happened to me in the dr's office with their high dollar automated machine. They had to take it manually to get a reading. And mine is not a-fib, it's PVC's - same symptoms but from the other side of the heart. In this case PVC is Premature Ventricular Contraction, not Poly Vinyl Chloride. (Thought I'd mention that to keep it from being totally off subject for this newsgroup.) :-)
Add pictures here
✖

The nurse (or NP, depending) always tries the automatic machine, then does it manually. Then the doctor doesn't believe that and does it himself. No extra charge. ;-)

The fixed mine, after being on rat poison for a few months.

What's the fix for that? Airplane glue? ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

Ouch. I know when I was in A-Fib I wasn't feeling like doing much (which worked out well because climbing ladders[*] while on Warfarin isn't recommended).
[*] I'd just "retired" and was painting the inside of my house and finishing up all of the "projects", getting ready get out of New England. ;-)
Add pictures here
✖

The arm cuff wouldn't work for me. I had to exchange it for the one for the wrist. Even tho they say the wrist cuff is not as accurate. I took it to my Dr. appointment and it matched what the doc got.
Add pictures here
✖

When my wife was in the hosp last week to get a hip replacement, the automatic BP machines would not work on her at all. They tried about 4 of them before they decided to get a manual cuff. Then they could not even find one. The nurse had to go to another floor to get one. Pretty sad that we depend so much on computer stuff. Good thing it wasn't an emergency as it too about 45 minutes to get her BP.
✖