Another Track Lighting Question

Sorry to be a bother again.

I am still researching track heads. I have the linear track, but want to go from a Halogen light to an LED light. Most of all, I would like a more modern fixture.

I am finding out that most track heads are of no use once the LED light burns out. The entire fixture needs to be replaced. From what I am told, the average LED will last 32,000 hours, or 35 years. There is no warranty either. I love the thought of never climbing another ladder to the top of my cathedral ceiling to change a light bulb.

With my luck, the LED would burn out in a year.

So, would you purchase 13 fixtures where the LED light cannot be replaced once it burns out, and there is no warranty?

Thanks for any and all feedback.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Hi, If your only reason is ladder climbing, you can hire hand man. My reason going for LED is to save $$ hopefully. I saw LEDs with two pins sticking out for connection similar to Halogen. There ought to be a track similar to Halogen ones.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, If your reason is climbing ladder, you can hire handy man of ask friend. My reason trying out LED bulbs is to save some $$. If test batch I installed at various locations in/out of the house last pretty good, I am switching to LED all the way. Currently I installed Phillips, GE brands, skipping Feit, Cree.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Get a track fixture that takes PAR-20 bulbs, and buy 120v PAR-20 LED's for the fixtures.

Or use this:

or

Scott Lurndal

Personally, with my experience of CFLs lasting no where near their claimed life, I wouldn't be buying 13 of them for anything. It also depends on how much power other solutions use and how many hours the bulbs are actually in use. do the math, figure out how much it costs you to run them. Factor in that if an incadescent is dimmed, it's not running at full power cost.

Reply to
trader4