generic question about track lighting

"RBM" wrote in message news:bodEe.3954$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.lga...

Some will, some won't. When I had that problem I took it apart and brought it with me to the stores so I could compare the old to the new with repsect to the connection method and the track spacing for the lights to slip into the track. Without the original paperwork, I'd probably make a few measurements on my own as accurately as I could, and compare those to the specs I can find on the 'net. Often places will have the important specs listed and you can do compares on them.

HTH,

Pop

Reply to
Pop

I have two strips of track lighting in an enclosed porch, each with two Lightolier 9320 fixtures, one of which has broken. I've found exact replacements on various websites, but I see things i like much better made by other companies. Are the mounts all the same, or does each fixture manufacturer also make some special flavor of track? I guess that part 2 of my question is, will all Lightolier fixtures fit my existing tracks? I like the looks of some of their other fixtures better than the ones I have. Some of the other brands are Juno and Nutone, but there are more. I can't tell from web pictures what the mounts look like.

Lastly, this broken fixture is broken in the mount area, which looks like it comes off. Are repair parts available somewhere, or is that just crazy thinking?

thanks in advance, Keith

Around