Another OT, but a good one

If this doesn't warm the cockles of your heart, both young and old, then you must have mighty cold cockles.
Buzz Aldrin - moon walking astronaut can only take so much crap.
http://dailybail.com/home/must-see-video-74-year-old-former-astronaut-buzz-aldrin-punc.html
Bob-tx
On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:03:42 -0500, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

BTW that happened 10 years ago.
On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:03:42 -0500, "Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote:

Buzz Aldrin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_Aldrin According to different NASA accounts, he had originally been proposed as the first to step onto the Moon's surface, but due to the physical positioning of the astronauts inside the compact Lunar Landing Module, it was easier for the commander, Neil Armstrong, to be the first to exit the spacecraft. There was also a desire on NASA's part for the first person to step onto the Moon's surface be a civilian, which Armstrong was.
Then I found this: Christa McAuliffe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christa_McAuliffe In 1984, President Ronald Reagan announced the Teacher in Space Project, and McAuliffe learned about NASA's efforts to find the first civilian, an educator, to fly into space.
--
If Neil Armstrong was a civilian, why would NASA be looking for "the
first civilian to fly in space"?

You were misinformed. The reason Neil Armstrong was chosen is that he was a stable, reliable,steady almost stereotypical ""American boy". Cool, undramatic, always reliable. Each time I watch again those extraordinary last seconds when he was just about out of fuel and had to take over manually to avoid bad terrain and land the module safely, I get goosebumps.
Aldin, by contrast, was an unstable, show-boating type, disliked by his colleagues. NASA felt that he could not/should not be trusted with the epochal task of being first to land on the moon.
Their subsequent careers have borne out this analysis. While Armstrong quietly retired to continue teaching, and has CONSISTENTLY avoided the spotlight, Aldrin has made a career of -- I guess the best word is still "showboating".
On 7/17/2011 1:03 PM, Bob-tx wrote:

http://dailybail.com/home/must-see-video-74-year-old-former-astronaut-buzz-aldrin-punc.html
Why do some people think they have some right to harass someone, get in their face after their target tells them to leave them alone, they're not interested in an interview? The harasser is surprised when they get punched in the mouth? That's why I like pepper spray. :-)
TDD
On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:12:11 -0500, The Daring Dufas

videos.

because he kept disobeying the cop's orders to stay on the ground: "Get on the ground!" [no response] Zzzzap! [falls down, tries to get up] "Get on the ground!" [tries to get up] Zzzzzap! [falls down, tries to get up] "Don't move, sir, or you're gonna get it again!" [guy moves] Zzzzzap! [repeat a few more times]

On 7/17/2011 5:08 PM, WW wrote:

My aim is to repel not kill. I sprayed down a number of urban campers who infested the area around my business some years ago which made them decide it wasn't a good place to trespass. ^_^
TDD