Another Front loader question on weight

Do the front loader machines weight more then top loaders?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Front loaders are about 200# and top loaders are about 175#, but that can vary by model.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Chinese versions may have more lead. I don't know.

Reply to
Oren

Ashton Crusher wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, I think one is just as patient as the other.

Reply to
Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Along with empty weight, you'd also have to factor in weight while in use. Top loaders fill up with a lot more water than front loaders. If you haven't seen how little water goes into the new front loaders, you'd be amazed. On the new LG ones, it's just a stream of water coming down from the top, about the size of a couple pencils. So, I'd bet that the max weight on a front loader is considereably less than a top loader, but I don't have any actual data.

Reply to
trader4