Another Dishwasher Question

The drain hose exiting the dishwasher has to make 90 degree turn to get to the sink. The hose is not kinked, but it's definitely hitting the wall behind the dishwasher. The hose is the right one because it came with the dishwasher. It is possible to put a 90 degree elbow in a dishwasher drain? I don't think so.

Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled, a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low pressure situation.
Joe

Find a copper sweat fitting that fits inside the hose. Cut the hose an inch or two away from the outlet and insert the fitting, right angled, a 45 degree, whatever works best. Clamps aren't necessary in that low pressure situation.
Joe
Don'y worry about it...mine makes a 90 and goes thru the cabinet wall to the drain...They all must I think...HTH...
On 1/26/2010 11:08 PM, Joe wrote:

You make is sound so easy!
mcp6453 wrote:

Plumbing is never easy, to me, anyway, for an electrical guy.

As a non-plumber and non-electrician I've always been surprised by the variety of plumbing systems that the home owner must grapple with. The occasional electrical repair uses a much more standardized approach with its hardware. I believe this difference can be accounted for by the fact that man has been using various form of plumbing since the dawn of recorded history (say back to the Minoans or Byzantines) while electrical technology probably began around the time of Ben Franklin.
Joe G