...And that's why I keep SharkBite End Caps in the shop

Sure do.
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 3:26:06 AM UTC-4, Vic Smith wrote:

When I looked at your link it appeared that your village recently adopted the overall Illinois plumbing code. Maybe I read it wrong, but Section 890 of the state code appears to allow PEX. Are you saying that your village adopted the state code and then amended it to be more restrictive re: PEX?
If so, do you know why?
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 04:17:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Yes. I copied and pasted the relevant sections, which said "delete" and "replace with."

My assumption is they are protecting the building trades. The Chicago way.
On 3/20/2016 9:38 PM, bob haller wrote:

They sell plumbing and electrical parts and material that, by code, you need to have a permit to install. If you had to show your permit or license to buy the stuff they would go out of business.
Besides, the people in Morton Grove that buy pex do so just to make spray things for their pool, they would never consider doing a job not to code.

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 10:47:41 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, that's not it. The vast majority of plumbers licensed to work in Illinois live in the village of Morton Grove. Every inch of PEX that they buy locally is carried out of the village and used on jobs in villages, towns and cities where the planning boards actually have a clue. I've heard that they are escorted out of town by the code police after every purchase.