An idiot and his table saw...

Page 5 of 8
says...

Not around here it isn't. If it is where you are talk to the manager and if that doesn't work talk to corporate.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 07:01:14 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Why would I do that? Just say "no" to McD's coffee. If they want to make crap they can keep it (and I, my money).
says...

If you aren't willing to address a problem that is unique to your location then don't complain about it.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:30:16 -0500, "J. Clarke"

It's *not* unique. ...and no, I have no interest in fixing McD's problems when it's far easier to avoid them.
says...

Apparently it is because there are four McDonalds mear me and the all serve decent coffee very hot. If it is being served cold near you then something is wrong.
"J. Clarke" wrote:

'Very hot' is meaningless without proper measurement.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:30:16 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Pour it into your lap for comparison
<G>
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Gunner wrote:

Comparison to what? I don't drink coffee, and it wouldn't come close to a glass of icewater. :)

Better. pour it into the lap of a 79YO granny. You need to get the calibration right.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:19:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote:

You need identical twins to do a valid comparison. Ask Dr. Mengele.

Darn. Please identify the scale, you know like Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin, that uses "very hot" as a marker on it.
But to most people, "very hot" means you have to blow on it before putting it in your mouth, or you need protection before you pick it up, or you don't fiddle around with an open container between your knees while sitting in a car
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:47:21 -0600, " Attila Iskander"

To Bunn, for example, on their commercial coffee server SH series
http://www.bunn.com/pdfs/manuals/41976.0000.pdf
The water temperature should be no less than 91C (195F)
Are any of these things actually adjustable by the restaurant?
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:31:13 -0500, Spehro Pefhany

That's the brewing temperature. The serving temperature (the temperature in the carafe) will be somewhat lower. As I mentioned before DD's required their franchisees to keep the serving temperature at 180F +/-3F. It was one of the tests done during the on-site inspections. The first thing they would do is stick the thermometer into the coffee at the counter (not a freshly brewed pot).

By the restaurant, I believe at least some are. DD's franchisees were responsible for it.
Attila Iskander wrote:

It's called the 'Close Enough' scale. :)

Dang I forgot about that scale That's the one that also has "smidgens" as a unit of measure. Right ?

Attila Iskander wrote:

Yep. it runs from Femtosmidgens to a Smidgen. then it becomes a 'Good enough for government work' at a trillion Smidgens. They are very sensitive to temperature, on a 20 dB log scale, too.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:09:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

^5 !!!!!!!!
Very well done!
Gunner, with a new box of RCHs
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:06:14 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Not "near me". I don't go to McD's when I'm home. But yes, every time, except one, I've gotten coffee at McD's it's been warm, at best.
On 12/7/12 8:10 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

This explains a lot of you think one can get a "decent" cup of coffee at those two places.
--

-MIKE-

I see your neuron is still lonely.