American Standard Champion Toilet Opinion Needed

Replacing a toilet. Is the "Champion" as good as they claim? Any problems (other than the reported noise and early quality problems)? Anyone ever hear of one clogging? TIA.
I've had one about 7 months--clogged only once in that time. It's not much louder than a regular low-flow toilet. It's big--my wife calls it the frankentoilet. I would recoomend it.

Thanks. It does look to be kind of big. They have more models now, including a standard size. Anyway, to unclog it, did you plunge or snake?

problems
It unclogged with a single plunge..no snake required. I probably could have flushed again and it would have been fine, but was used to using the plunger on the older toilet, so... Go with the bigger one...it may look strange, but it's more comfortable.

The bathroom this one is going in is very small (the original Champion would literally look like a throne in this room), so the smaller toilet should be a better fit. Except for the higher tank, it's pretty much the same size as the one that's in there now. The seat will be slightly higher, which should also be better. If it works out well, we have a bigger bathroom that can take the bigger toilet. Thanks again. Amazing how common this problem is...

ever
We've had two for a few months. They've never needed to be flushed more than once, and they don't strike us as noisy. On one, the seal on the "plunger" kept leaking, but AS sent a package of new ones free.
Perce
On 01/17/05 09:40 am Alan tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Thanks. They fixed the early leaking seal problems (and some others) on the newer units. The AS rep said to just make sure I get one from newer stock.

problems
hear
Alan wrote:

All I can tell you about the Champion is that I installed one in my plumbing class and played around with it, and it flushes very quickly and very forcefully. It does have a good reputation for reliable flushing according to the master plumber instructor. They are expensive. They list for about $400 and sell for about $260 depending on where you get it.