Alternative to MacMaster-Carr?

Page 2 of 6
Try reading the error message, fan boy.
Doug Miller <doug_at_milmac_dot_com example.com> wrote:

4ax.com> <vI6dnQiAkfkt1ebSnZ2dnUVZ5uWdnZ2d giganews.com> <jlfnnt$80k$1 dont-email.me>

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+WaDyUDYCCqGbp5T6f3C+s"

Try writing a clear, cogent, specific description of what you did to cause the message, monkey boy.
Go fuck yourself.
Doug Miller <doug_at_milmac_dot_com example.com> wrote:

4ax.com> <vI6dnQiAkfkt1ebSnZ2dnUVZ5uWdnZ2d giganews.com> <jlfnnt$80k$1 dont-email.me> <XnsA02AB71D7162Bdougmilmaccom 88.198.244.100> <jlfsde$rs9$6 dont-email.me>

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19NgFC4+D8E+ih9qwdyIFaw"

Continue on in your ignorance, then; it matters not at all to me. It's clear that all you want to do is complain, not figure out what's causing your problem.
And make no mistake: it is _your_ problem. Not theirs. The fact that nobody else sees the same things you claim to should tell you something. But it probably won't.
<plonk>
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 22:26:43 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

marvel at your ability to explain a complex subject.

4ax.com> <vI6dnQiAkfkt1ebSnZ2dnUVZ5uWdnZ2d giganews.com> <jlfnnt$80k$1 dont-email.me> <XnsA02AB71D7162Bdougmilmaccom 88.198.244.100> <jlfsde$rs9$6 dont-email.me>

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19NgFC4+D8E+ih9qwdyIFaw"

Cheers,
John B.
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:49:01 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

Mind boggling.
You aren't happy about the McMaster-Carr site but rather then picking up your marbles and walking away you elect to post innumerable times about how much you dislike the site.
Do you really think that you are going to make a difference? Will McMaster change their ways? Will their satisfied customers (which seems to include everyone except for you) run away in droves?
You sir, appear to present an apogee in ineffectiveness. -- Cheers,
John B.
On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 20:49:01 +0000, John Doe wrote:

Based on your responses to other people in this thread, I would imagine that the problem is you were typing in obscenities instead of proper search terms. Alternately, if you really were browsing at some "MacMaster-Carr" as in the title of your thread, instead of at <http://www.mcmaster.com like everyone else is talking about, that could be your problem. But if you're sure neither of those things was the problem, try logging in on the site instead of using it anonymously. (The javascript in ProdDatProtectionWebPartLoader in proddatprotectionwebpartloader.js as referenced in McMaster-Carr's webpages has a test in it for whether it's displaying to a subscriber, although the code appears to only control message priorities.)
--
jiw

They have some kind of anti-rip protection where if you view too many pages too fast it stalls you.

Maybe you should offer to reprogram their entire web site.
rangerssuck <rangerssuck gmail.com> wrote:

If you're so dedicated, maybe you should do that. I can just shop at other stores. Apparently 6061 aluminum flat bar is a lot cheaper elsewhere.
--

On 4/3/2012 12:12 AM, John Doe wrote:

Search for individual items? We use McMaster because it's quick, easy and we often get the stuff the same day. Most other sites like Granger and such suck much worse. Don't forget the costs of finding and ordering parts adds a lot to the total cost of the parts. Just embrace the horror and learn to work with McMaster.
Google might help you. Amazon Supply is the company that Amazon has formed to sell retail quantities of tubing, nuts, bar stock, et c. You seem rather overwhelmed by this design project. Have you considered speaking with a prototype maker? Not cheap but you seem to be really struggling with simple problems.
Dave M.
"Dave M." <marte005 frontier.com> wrote:

Yeah, I dwell on stuff. That's part of the learning process and it helps me devise stuff perfectly suited to my situation. For example... Nobody else would have devised this monitor hang adjuster for me, shown on my page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04 /
"monitor hang"
I get a kick out of using that beautifully simple thing, every day.
--

> Dave M.
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:12:54 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

Try amazonsupply (they used to be smallparts.com).
But McMaster is pretty good overall, especially the CAD model integration and search engine (and their fulfilment). Bad points are that they won't export to small guys and they hide the real manufacturer of almost all the stuff they sell (usually, not always, it's good stuff though).
You can get a really wide range of stuff next day for a fairly reasonable price. We place multiple orders every week with them.

I've not been disappointed with their cutting tools, and after my last experience with K*C's service (never got the product, so can't compare)... don't feel like trying too hard.
One issue with them hiding the manufacturer is that it's impossible to see what the detailed specifications and caveats really are on complex items- you're stuck with their very limited description and a few specs. Even Harbor Freight lets you download the manual so you can get a better idea if it will do what you want. But if they gave you the real manufacturer's part number it would make it easier to shop around I guess.. still I don't think most commercial customers would bother.. it's more important to get the stuff quickly at a reasonable price than to get rock bottom pricing.
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 04:12:54 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

Sure- amazon. Of course they don't have the selection, the quality, or the knowledge. . . . customer service wise, they might be equal. . . shipping is a little slower on amazon. . . but they have a snazzy website, so that should do it.
Jim
On Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:12:54 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:

What in the hell are you talking about?
What does it do if you "click too fast?" I just went over there and the pages won't refresh as fast as I can click, and I never once got anything that told me I was clicking too fast or too much.
It's not uncommon on their website. It has happened to me before. Currently, my access will resume in eight hours. So I'm looking around for the candid camera (and looking elsewhere)...
--

dennisgauge gmail.com wrote:

I just placed an order with OnlineMetals.com. Their inventory is limited, but their aluminum flat bar is half the price. So that takes care of part of my order.
I provided the text of the McMaster error message, for anybody who can read.
Doug Miller <doug_at_milmac_dot_com example.com> wrote:

<2667014.1512.1333482551640.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums vbug19> <jlfm4r$rpn$1 dont-email.me>

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19CsiXtswB8KgxutAmOUd5Z"