Alternative to MacMaster-Carr?

John Doe wrote in news:jlfsde$rs9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Try writing a clear, cogent, specific description of what you did to cause the message, monkey boy.

Reply to
Doug Miller

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19oxVT/Y5MPelbNTbjlGOxR"

reproduce the

Reply to
John Doe

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/MMbIrauSdOkneAHaZRwtU"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255831

Reply to
John Doe

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19NgFC4+D8E+ih9qwdyIFaw"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255832

message, monkey

Reply to
John Doe

John Doe wrote in news:jlftf3$8oe$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Continue on in your ignorance, then; it matters not at all to me. It's clear that all you want to do is complain, not figure out what's causing your problem.

And make no mistake: it is _your_ problem. Not theirs. The fact that nobody else sees the same things you claim to should tell you something. But it probably won't.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Mind boggling.

You aren't happy about the McMaster-Carr site but rather then picking up your marbles and walking away you elect to post innumerable times about how much you dislike the site.

Do you really think that you are going to make a difference? Will McMaster change their ways? Will their satisfied customers (which seems to include everyone except for you) run away in droves?

You sir, appear to present an apogee in ineffectiveness.

-- Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
John B.

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19wLO5GGVsH7wOZorgeUyrm"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255819

and never had any

Goodness John, all this rhetoric simply to tell the world what an exceedingly rapid clicker you are?

Is this an exercise in ego building? To demonstrate that you actually click faster then the average?

What is next? A tryout on the Guinness World Records, in the fast clicker's section.

-- Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
John B.

I think it was msc my old boss liked. He said the website was superior for his ordering.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

For me, MSC is preferred to McMaster Carr. Both accept phone orders, and normally get the items to me the next day. But MSC will happily send me a yearly copy of "The Big Book" -- their boat anchor of a catalog. McMaster Carr wants you to be somehow cannonized before they will send you a catalog, and I find fewer things (of what I want) in a McMaster Carr catalog when I can find one than in the MSC catalog.

I understand that the McMaster Carr web site is better than MSCs (though MSC's is improving), but I prefer the dead-tree catalog when I'm really looking for something. Among other things, it will show me similar objects which might satisfy my needs better on the same or a nearby page.

They want me to be a business -- though they will sell to me under the name of my employer before retirement. I think that the requirement is because of pressure from the various trades in the area.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Of course not, troll. I wasn't clicking very fast. Apparently it objects to the type of input (what you are doing), not just the speed.

John B. wrote:

posting-host="xiVQZc8eJws8DMbespNAPw"; logging-data="26032"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18LoN7qpd09kkptzrI4GlwPiK6WcjDF3OE="

rec.crafts.metalworking:255873

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19wLO5GGVsH7wOZorgeUyrm"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255819

times, and never had any

Reply to
John Doe

I buy a lot from McMaster Carr and I clik rather fast. I have never seen the effect that you are describing.

posting-host="xiVQZc8eJws8DMbespNAPw"; logging-data="26032"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18LoN7qpd09kkptzrI4GlwPiK6WcjDF3OE="

rec.crafts.metalworking:255873

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19wLO5GGVsH7wOZorgeUyrm"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255819

times, and never had any

Reply to
Ignoramus30082

eternal-september.org!mx04.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.glorb.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

sv3-urvYaYDumlb1xWMPxNT4QQ/HBOBZtvdo8LaVcRRCI8H8OcJEqtAMGIgFLkcptrdq6J0gUTwr15+X24r!mXsYlF0GEaDPsXeL6pwrWs7FIfd0HyKn7/wyv0HtO9+qlstksTwVY50AE6rqNQooLzjD8W6xCaJ4

rec.crafts.metalworking:255893

posting-host="xiVQZc8eJws8DMbespNAPw"; logging-data="26032"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18LoN7qpd09kkptzrI4GlwPiK6WcjDF3OE="

rec.crafts.metalworking:255873

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19wLO5GGVsH7wOZorgeUyrm"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255819

dont-email.me:

times, and never had any

Reply to
John Doe

Lucky?

Iggie has always impressed folks as a reasonably savvy bloke and as you can see he has already figured out how to do something that you have yet to comprehend.

eternal-september.org!mx04.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.glorb.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

sv3-urvYaYDumlb1xWMPxNT4QQ/HBOBZtvdo8LaVcRRCI8H8OcJEqtAMGIgFLkcptrdq6J0gUTwr15+X24r!mXsYlF0GEaDPsXeL6pwrWs7FIfd0HyKn7/wyv0HtO9+qlstksTwVY50AE6rqNQooLzjD8W6xCaJ4

rec.crafts.metalworking:255893

posting-host="xiVQZc8eJws8DMbespNAPw"; logging-data="26032"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18LoN7qpd09kkptzrI4GlwPiK6WcjDF3OE="

rec.crafts.metalworking:255873

eternal-september.org!mx04.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail

posting-host="p++YVkttPdK0gshfu4k5Zw"; logging-data="28065"; mail-complaints-to="abuse eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19wLO5GGVsH7wOZorgeUyrm"

rec.crafts.metalworking:255819

dont-email.me:

times, and never had any

Reply to
John B.

John Doe fired this volley in news:jlgr5q$f5f$1 @dont-email.me:

Are you sure you don't have some "setting" wrong on your system?

I presently use McMaster's site every day. I click as fast as anyone I know, and I frequently try to click on stuff before it's ready to be clicked.

I have _never_ seen the problem you cite, in over 15 years of using their site no less often than twice a week.

McMaster is VERY user-compliant. If they had a (reported) problem of that severity with their website, they'd fix it, pronto.

Although I like doing business with both McMaster and MSC, it took MSC over ten years just to acknowlege that their web site was an abortion. They're still "almost unusable" on-line, but so much better than they were as to be unrecognizable from the old.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I agree, and for the same reason. MSC also publishes their catalog on CD.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in news:XnsA02B4AD117C84lloydspmindspringcom@216.168.3.70:

Of course there's something wrong on his system. But he's not interested in finding out about that. He didn't come here trying to solve a problem, he came here just to bash McMaster.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I get McMaster catalog every year, nyah, nyah, nyah.

Ignoramus23750

finding out about

Given the anonymity fetish, maybe he's going through an overused proxy that looks to McM as if there is excessive traffic coming from one user.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

If you bothered to read the thread, you would see that I provided their error message, and a method for reproducing the error.

So by that you should be able to tell that you are wr> Path:

eternal-september.org!mx04.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.bbs-scene.org!border4.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border3.nntp.dca.giganews.com!Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

sv3-FFu7L9fSkh3vIMgcCgl5rYtj2q+Ipk4lLz9P7pkjEFo0CdkwhxqClVnoXbtOjCoKZQSKHcGrbgg9sDz!XDbUuUlhHK/UKoKyBEw0589RLYzAFHxh8HAdEDpgKievKKooy+btIhoi5eXXPzmIyPkZXf0YkTlr!hYEmOlc9FbXmC/e47enl7uHUQ76m+/F7rno=

rec.crafts.metalworking:255920

Reply to
John Doe