Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad at once?)

Page 9 of 9
"Danny D'Amico"

** I see no warranty details - all "Lifetime Limited Warranty" means is that there is a time limit on the warranty.
Also, they claim there is a PTC in series with the secondary to prevent overload damage.
PTCs self reset once they cool down.
IME a tranny that is well made, moisture sealed and has a PTC in the output ought to last 10 to 20 years.
.... Phil
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:42:54 +1100, Phil Allison wrote:

Me neither. I'll call them on Monday (they're not open weekends).

It has had plenty of time to cool down! I think the burnt plastic smell gives me a clue. :)
"Danny D'Amico"
** Might seem clever to crosspost and then direct all replies to one NG - but it ain't.
Cos no-body on "sci.electronics.repair" can see any replies at all.
And that is really stupid and annoying. -----------------------------------------
.... Phil
On Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:04:21 +1100, Phil Allison wrote:

I apologize. As the record shows (in alt.free.newsservers), I had a problem with aioe.org triplicating posts, which, after a while, caused aioe to drop all posts due to "too many errors". Pan, my news client, didn't tell me, so, all posts were lost.
So, I didn't have access to aioe.
When I asked what to do, people said to switch to Solani. But, Solani *forces* you to have a single followup! You can't possibly have a followup to the groups you posted to. I asked alt.free.newsservers *why* Solani does that, and, the answer came back they can do whatever they want (so, the point is, that it doesn't make any sense).
I can't win either way.
After a few days, Aioe let me back in (this is a recurring theme with them); so, hopefully, this will get to both groups (and also alt.free.newsservers) because I'll send it via aioe.
Of course, it could just go nowhere ... and I'll never know, because Pan won't warn me until it's too late (but that's in another thread to news.software.nntp).
Danny D'Amico wrote:

Please ask in alt.security.alarms to get better responses from professional installers.
I hate discussing alarm systems here for reasons I'll keep to myself for now.
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin