Air Conditioning..

Page 1 of 2
I am looking into getting airconditiong installed and I am getting a few quotes but I was wondering if anybody can tell me what I should be looking for in a unit.
A LOAD calculation is first in writing or they should walk
What is a load calculation??

A load calc, or a Manual J, or T, or N, depending on the situation, is what is needed. Measurements of each room, door, window and wall is taken. Insulation values, and window types are noted. The calculation is computed, and it tells the contractor what total BTU rating is needed for heat, and cooling. The calculation will also tell them how many BTUs are needed for each room, and thus, then the duct calculation can be completed.
Calculates how much heating or cooling power you need for your home. Measure the walls, windows, etc. and plug the data into a formula.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
King wrote:

Google on "Air Conditioning"?
I did a google and it doesn't tell me what is important to inquire about when shopping.

How long in business. Talk to a couple previous customers. See if the tech is polite, or uses crude language.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sounds like you do what you have to in order to keep your tradesman content. Must work for you? Do what works....
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
King wrote:

try alt.home.repair
--
Yard and Garden Handyman

King wrote:

Don't start by looking at the unit. Start by looking at the contractor.
A good contractor will not sell you junk equipment.
The best equipment not installed properly will never work properly.
Get and check references from any contractor. Make sure they do a formal load calculation and check not only for the total cooling required, but also the ductwork required. Make sure they have workman's comp paid current.
Let them pick the brand of equipment that they know is good and familiar working with.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

King, Whenever I antisipate spending a chuck of money, I usually consult "Consumer Reports". Their product reviews point out what to look for as well as what is recommended.
Larry
20 May 2004 01:01:29 GMT,

I reposted your question to alt.hvac for you. Those guys are the best!
Love,
Robert L. Bass

Wrong group. It's alt.home.repair you want
Proclaimed on Thu,

a few

looking
Yo.
The ac needs to be put in a place in the garden.
Or is yours in your front yard?
Death to the christian jew cop government.
Thanks!!!....
Proclaimed on Thu,

looking
In article

wrong group
Stormin who gives a shit if a tech is "Polite or uses crude language" cons HAVE to be polite or nobody would listen. The last guy that conned me was nice as could be and preached and preached, and preached. With every tough question he preached till I got smart and threw his lian ass out.
Refrences, thats all you need , lots of refrences. And a few bids. If King could get CB he would be lucky cause CB will get it done right the first time.