air conditioner running timeframe

I have my home facing north and south plus double paned windows and tint on windows...home is 1088 sq ft, two rooms with high ceilings have fans...and use standing fan to circulate air. i have been in the home three years dont use the heater at all. I am in Arizona. I have my thermo set at 78, any rooms not use doors closed.windows shades closed...two have vents closed. I timed my air it runs for 15/20 mins and 20/25 mins long. Is this a problem w my air?

Reply to
debralynnm

Who knows? Central AC? Was it 75 or 110 outside? Not sure what runs for

15/20 and 20/25 even means. Typically an AC is sized so that it runs most of the time during the hottest hours of the very hottest days.
Reply to
trader_4

No windows on east or west sides?? one-story or two-story, etc, too much information missing!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

information missing!!!

windows tinted and double pane on west side // one story condo

Reply to
debra m

thank you for your response

Reply to
debra

Well that settles it. It should run 32.4 minutes.

Reply to
trader_4

temp here in Arizona has been 106 and it is central it runs for 15-20 mins and

20-25 mins apart before it starts again
Reply to
debra

According to my calc, 23.4 minutes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Then my air conditioner is okay... I have them come out yearly to check it just for the summers coming up because I don't use the heat at all... so in essence I have a good air conditioner.

Reply to
Debra

thank you for your response have a wonderful LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Reply to
Debra

thank you for your response have a wonderful LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Reply to
Debra

information missing!!!

thank you for your response have a wonderful LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Reply to
debralynnm

As others have posted, running 90 - 100% of the time on the hottest day is usually what the design is set for, you are running about half the time on a very hot day, so that is great.

Reply to
hrhofmann

usually what the design is set for, you are running about half the time on a very hot day, so that is great.

Thanks! Have A WONDERFUL Holiday weekend and a safe one as well.

Reply to
debra

you two should post your work so we can find out which of you is wrong.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Easy choise. I'm neffer wong.

Reply to