air conditioner running timeframe

I have my home facing north and south plus double paned windows and tint on windows...home is 1088 sq ft, two rooms with high ceilings have fans...and use standing fan to circulate air. i have been in the home three years dont use the heater at all. I am in Arizona. I have my thermo set at 78, any rooms not use doors closed.windows shades closed...two have vents closed. I timed my air it runs for 15/20 mins and 20/25 mins long. Is this a problem w my air?
On Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:44:01 PM UTC-4, debralynnm wrote:

Who knows? Central AC? Was it 75 or 110 outside? Not sure what runs for 15/20 and 20/25 even means. Typically an AC is sized so that it runs most of the time during the hottest hours of the very hottest days.
replying to trader_4 , debra wrote:

thank you for your response
replying to trader_4 , debra wrote:

temp here in Arizona has been 106 and it is central it runs for 15-20 mins and 20-25 mins apart before it starts again
No windows on east or west sides?? one-story or two-story, etc, too much information missing!!!
replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , debra m wrote:

information missing!!!
windows tinted and double pane on west side // one story condo
On Friday, August 29, 2014 2:44:02 PM UTC-4, debra m wrote:

Well that settles it. It should run 32.4 minutes.
On 8/29/2014 4:18 PM, trader_4 wrote:

According to my calc, 23.4 minutes.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
replying to Stormin Mormon , Debra wrote:

Then my air conditioner is okay... I have them come out yearly to check it just for the summers coming up because I don't use the heat at all... so in essence I have a good air conditioner.
replying to Debra, Debra wrote:

just
essence I

thank you for your response have a wonderful LABOR DAY WEEKEND
replying to Stormin Mormon , Debra wrote:

thank you for your response have a wonderful LABOR DAY WEEKEND
replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , debralynnm wrote:

information missing!!!
thank you for your response have a wonderful LABOR DAY WEEKEND
As others have posted, running 90 - 100% of the time on the hottest day is usually what the design is set for, you are running about half the time on a very hot day, so that is great.
replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , debra wrote:

usually what the design is set for, you are running about half the time on a very hot day, so that is great.
Thanks! Have A WONDERFUL Holiday weekend and a safe one as well.

you two should post your work so we can find out which of you is wrong.
On 8/30/2014 1:50 PM, Pico Rico wrote:

Easy choise. I'm neffer wong.
--
.