Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhaps remote controlled?)

Page 3 of 3
On 7/29/2013 8:18 PM, Danny D. wrote:

That's a good question, and I really don't know the answer. Every universal I've seen, that use dip switches, including the Casablanca w-52, have four switches just like your transmitter. Last summer I installed a fan with remote control that used a "learn" button, similar to those on garage door operators.
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:14:14 -0400, RBM wrote:

Hmmm.... that's interesting. Thanks for the detail.
I suspect mine are all *old* fans, probably at least dating back to the 90's for the original fans, and then dating maybe to the 2000s for the two newer fans (in the remodeled part of the house).
So, for now, I'll "assume" that the 4-position DIP switch will run them all if I can just verify that they have 120V going to them.
I haven't been able to work on them today - but hopefully tomorrow I'll have more detail.
On 7/29/2013 8:31 AM, Danny D. wrote:

No, this one doesn't look like a casablanca, at least not their standard canopy
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:40:18 -0400, RBM wrote:

Thanks!