Adjusting a new gas stove

I got a new gas stove, I can't seem to get the oven adjusted correctly. I have turned in the orfice like explained in the manual. And then tried to adjust my air , I have it all the way open and I still have big yellow tips and out 3-4" long. Am I adjusting this the wrong direction ? Should I be reducing air ? Thanks, Iowa883
BTW I am running LP not natural gas.
Iowa883 wrote:

Call the mfr 800# for advice. Might also call your LP supplier. Could be a regulator problem.
Jim

tips
When the dealer delivered it and set it up, he should have tuned it up at that time. Oh, you saved $20 and hauled it home yourself? If that is the case, it is false economy.
Also, is the stove set up for propane? It required different regulator and gas orifices than for natural gas.

and
You are correct for the burners as far as the orifices (but these are usually included in an envelope taped to the back of the stove) but in the stoves I have seen the oven usually has an adjustable orifice (as it seems that the OP adjusted). The regulator is also the same - mostly - the ones I have seen have a piece on the front that if you put it on one way (say hollow part facing out) is for LP and the other way is for NG and it is usually labeled

HI,
Just the oven burner is giving you troubles, the others are ok? Make, model#?? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.
Did the dealer convert the range from NG to LP for you or did you?
If you have already tried the directions in the use&care manual and still cannot get it solved ti might be best to call the warranty servicer in your area for that brand and have them check it out for you.
LP runs considerably higher pressures than natural gas. Is it possible your stove has the natural gas setup? If so, you'd be feeding waaaaaay too much gas.
--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

tips
Umm..you still are going to need to replace the actual orifice for the gas feed. If you turned in anything on the gas valve, you changed the working pressure for the spring in the valve, and you still yet need to reduce the size of the orifice for the gas being fed to the burners.
message

pressure
Actually CB (and mind you this is from my current internship) the Oven (which the OP seems to have a problem with) the oven "orifice" can be changed by adjusting the "bake/broiler" valve (this is on "newer" ovens which this appears to be) to adjust to LP or NG. The stovetop burners need to have the orififices replaced to the appropriate gas (and as I stated before the orifices for the changeover are usually included in an envelope taped to the back of the stove). However the stove regulator just needs a piece reversed to adjust for the type of gas being used (and thus adjusting the spring tension on the existing regulator). This info is from my current experience interning for a major (reputable) company that is willing to pay me almost triple MW to fix appliances between my AC/Heat calls right out of school so who am I to argue :-)

need
adjusting
current
pay
of
I dunno....since he didnt state what he had, who are either of us to argue:) I just went on what I had to do...:-)
message

envelope
argue:)
Agreed :-)