Adhesive Primer

I just put down 1/4" Luan in my kitchen in preparation for Peel & Stick Tile.
I am about to apply a coat of adhesive primer to the Luan. Can the primer be applied several days before the tile is to be installed or should it be applied just hours before the tile installation?
Thx in Advance, -a12vman

Is primer recommended?
Dust and dirt are your enemy with peel and stick.
Colbyt

best. They know the adhesive on the tile. They should/should not recommend a primer. If they do, they probably recommend a particular kind - brand, latex, oil, etc. If it's not on the docs that come with the tile there should at least be a phone number for tech support.

Adhesive chemistry can vary and the true answer comes from the manufacturer. In general it would be better to keep the time short, just to ensure a clean surface.

For maximum adhesion, simply apply a coat of the cheapest polyurethane varnish you can find. After drying, go over with a sanding block and tack rag and your tile will be perfectly bonded. Where you have seams in the luan, smooth on some Bondo, Water Putty or whatever, sand level and clean and you will avoid imprinting the seam on the new tile. Good luck.
Joe