Active auto repair groups?

Page 1 of 2
Anyone know of any active auto repair groups?
On 09/24/2016 02:21 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

alt.autos.subaru
On 9/24/2016 5:21 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

There are GM, Ford, Hyundai groups but I don'r know af any general repair groups if that is what you want., though there may be.
"Stormin' Norman" wrote
| Anyone know of any active auto repair groups?
I don't know if this helps, but there's a lot on Youtube. I do much of my own work on minor things. So far I haven't failed to find a video with instructions. Toyota Tacoma exhaust sensor and gas fume recirculation box have been two things. Another was instructions on how to dismantle a Nissan Frontier dashboard. I don't think I've failed to find a video yet.
On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 21:21:13 +0000, Stormin' Norman

Yep. What make ?

Claire is the best person to ask. These have been great for me....
alt.autos alt.autos.ford alt.autos.gm alt.autos.mitsubishi alt.autos.... whatever
For electrical problems, these have been best...
sci.electronics.repair alt.binaries.schematics.electronic alt.binaries.schematics.electronics
One of the best for general mechanical advice, not specialized....
rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks, that is a valuable list.
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 14:51:36 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

Huh? I thought the OP passed away?
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 7:28:28 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Norman is not Mormon (as far as I know).

I thought the same thing at first, but then I realized that the OP for this topic was "Stormin' Norman", not "Stormin Mormon" -- two different posters.
The person who died was Christopher A. Young -- a.k.a. Stormin Mormon; not the OP of this thread, "Stormin' Norman".

Sorry to be introducing confusion to the group. I have been known by this nickname for many years in real life and have used the nym on Usenet for quite some time.
I was not acquainted with "Stormin Mormon". Maybe I should modify my nym for this group; I will consider doing that if I continue to hang around.
In typed:

Not a problem -- at least not for me. I do remember your posts here in the past using the same "Stormin' Norman" name. I had just forgotten that for a moment when I first saw your post, and then I realized that it was you and not Stormin Mormon.

Personally, I don't think you need to change anything.

Thanks!
On 2016-09-30 10:14 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

--
Froz....

Not sure what the death of another person has to do with the subject at hand, but I will consider it as I said.
On 09/30/2016 10:29 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote: ...

Has absolutely nothing to do with anything else, of course.
If somebody else mistakes it, that's their problem, not yours. I personally had him blocked but that's still another issue.

Seems I have inadvertently stumbled into an unmarked Usenet minefield. My ancient USMC SERE training taught me to slowly and carefully back out of such situations, retracing my footsteps exactly. There was a prayer component involved as well, but that didn't apply to me.
On 09/30/2016 10:43 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote: ...

He wasn't _that_ bad; just somewhat annoying and low-info-enough to not bother with monitoring. Not that there aren't a lot that were/are _much_ worse on both counts...but the other filters work pretty quickly on the real uglies.
I'd not worry about it if were you and decide to hang around...
On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 10:42:48 AM UTC-5, Stormin' Norman wrote:

No need to backout or change nym...I think I've seen you in freeware and PC related stuff?