A quick plumbing question

Greetings All, I will be tiling a bathroom floor that has 3/4 t&g ply now. The plumbing has been roughed in which leaves the toilet flange on top of the plywood. My question is, since I'll be putting down 1/4 Hardiboard and then floor tile, does the flange need to be raised to sit on top of the tile or do I just leave it on the plywood? TIA to all, Mark

You should be fine, If you do not get a seal with the wax ring put two down one with a flange and one on top without. If you can raise the closet flange up easily it certainly wont hurt
Sacramento Dave wrote:

The above works fine. There is also a build up kit that can be used. The extra wax ring is about $12 cheaper.
Colbyt