Subject Author Posted Replies

When You're Screwing...
The other day when I was doing a handyman thing for a friend, she wondered why I was holding an ice pick. She was a little unnerved by it, actually. Well, I keep an old-fashioned ice pick in my...
14
14

OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapsons.
OT, soldiers carrying loaded weapons. In the past 2 or 3 days, American troops in Afghanistan have been ordered to carry loaded weapons at all times while on base , What would the previous situiation...
19
19

Can you get a prepaid phone with GPS
After looking at countless phones, the only thing I have managed to do is eliminate Page Plus. I am told that, although it does do Georgia, the service is poor. It is a shame too. I was sold on the 12...
26
26

OT: Update on printers
Following the longish thread on printers, perhaps some will be interested in the latest news: "Attempting to improve profitability and further shift toward laser printers, Lexmark disclosed plans on...
36
36

Where can someone buy Outdoor phone wire
I'm on a farm, and have a landline in the house. I want to run a phone line to my workshop, which is around 270 feet. The phone company wants a fortune to run it underground. Rather than pay for this,...
56
56

OT question about photo websites and private photos
I do surveillance video/photo editing for a friend of mine. Often, they want many photos taken from captured videos and/or photos cleaned up then resubmitted to them. The main problem is getting the...
60
60

Linseed oil danger
Linseed oil and rags -- need to dispose properly. you'll need home repair. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . 9 News anchor Brendan Keefe examines how dangerous linseed oil can be if not...
22
22

How do I patch a hole in the stucco?
The patch is to plug/cover a through-hole originally cut to accomodate a stove top vent. The contractor put the wrong wall cap cover, in the wrong place! I mounted the correct one in the correct...
19
19

exterior wood filler?
I have a 2x wall plate, whose edge should be flush with the studs. Sad to say, it's 1/8 to 1/4" back from them. Is there some sort of filler to bring it up flush, before nailing the sheathing to the...
5
5

European loophole for bulb ban
"But there could be hope for those wanting to keep using the incandescent variety ? as retailers have found a loophole which allows them to get around the new rules. The EU directive banning the 40W...
31
31

preparing AAC block for strucco-lite.
Hi newsgroup, Your invaluable tips have allowed me to get repeat business with cementious materials. Next is plastering-up up interior basement blocks walls. is what I'm strucco-liting over. I was...

3 choices now that fan has burnt out
My fan has burned out, literally, with a fire. I have 3 or more choices. Fix the fan: 1) Rewind the motor myself. The motor shop will do it for me for 200 but I'd much rather do it myself. I'll do the...
6
6

Follow-up on fan that needs oiling evey day
Follow-up on fan that needs oiling evey day I think you'll all enjoy this. Well, I took the advice to use liquid wrench to clean out the dried up oil. I have several zoom spout oilers and one wasn't...
10
10

Cheap carpeting? Not my fault?
Hello, I have lived in an apartment with two kids for the last five years. Everything that spills on the carpet leaves a stain. The carpet looks gross. Cleaning up a mess just makes a bigger stain. Do...
24
24

painting vinyl
I have vinyl shutters on my house that have faded a lot due to sun exposure. They are there only for looks and I would like to paint them. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of paint would...
3
3